I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chesafreak I just read their website FAQ's and realized I should have orderd the "ART" model. It has a 1/2 inch lower ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    I just read their website FAQ's and realized I should have orderd the "ART" model. It has a 1/2 inch lower cut for this very reason. Doh! I wish I would have realized that before I ordered. I'm going to contact Alan and ask to exchange mine for the ART model.
    They exchanged my #10 for a 10ART. In my return envelope I included payment for a #4ART for my LC9. I received both in the mail when I got home from work. Getting something other than bills in the mail made my day.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

How does it work with slightly thicker and larger guns like a G30?

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    How does it work with slightly thicker and larger guns like a G30?
    My G27 is ~1/8 thinner ~1/2 shorter it works good. I only like the reinforced ones. No sweat shield either. I wear a tee shirt anyways because the Remora doesn't feel good on my skin. JME

I planned ahead and ordered the full sweat shield for summer. We'll see how it fits when it gets here.

Indelicate question here, but how do you deal with a clipless holster when you have to, uh, do your business sitting down in a public restroom? Serious question. I see a lot of testimonials to the Remoras and am considering one, but this would be an issue for me. Also considering the Supertuck, but it looks like you'd really feel it all the time.

Edit: I'm a wheelgun guy, carry a 38-3 airweight, will possibly get an LCR w/tritium tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post
    Indelicate question here, but how do you deal with a clipless holster when you have to, uh, do your business sitting down in a public restroom? Serious question. I see a lot of testimonials to the Remoras and am considering one, but this would be an issue for me. Also considering the Supertuck, but it looks like you'd really feel it all the time.

Edit: I'm a wheelgun guy, carry a 38-3 airweight, will possibly get an LCR w/tritium tomorrow.
    In those situations I put my holstered gun in my pocket.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Have no experience with these holsters and until tonight haven't even heard of them.... they are intersting to say the least might try one with my glock 23
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    In those situations I put my holstered gun in my pocket.
    Makes sense. And is much easier to do with a clipless holster, I'd think. Am just accustoming myself to constant carry, and had my cheap Uncle Mike's dump the gun down my pants leg at home yesterday (I know, but it's purpose has generally been to protect the gun in my nightstand). Thanks for a no-snark answer to a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post

I have set the holster and gun on the back of the toilet if possible or set it in my pants between my legs while sitting. I actually found it much easier to deal with than my hybrid IWB holster.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

Does the remora get covered in lint and fuzz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Wondering how it would hold my 357mag SP-101 around 38oz loaded. I think it would work great for my 38spc. LCR. is a phone # vailable???

Rich

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    What kind of gun are you using this with?

Has anyone tried one of these with a bigger/heavier gun? im experimenting for my 229 and wouldn't mind giving this a try.
    Your 229, according the posted spec's, weighs 32 ounces with a mag in it, which is just about the same as my Springfield Micro Compact GI.45 that I use with my Remora, and it works just fine. My pistol is 26 ounces with an empty mag and then I usually carry it with 6+1 rounds of 185gr JHP. So I don't think you'd have any problems with it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by RichB70 View Post
    Wondering how it would hold my 357mag SP-101 around 38oz loaded. I think it would work great for my 38spc. LCR. is a phone # vailable???

Rich
    Their website has a fit chart with a long list of guns and the appropriate model to order, and a phone number.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I've been using mine for a couple of months with no such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

No. It's grippy but doesn't attracted lint

Links