I've tried the rest, now using the best - Page 6

I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Previously I've used holsters by Lou Alessi and Josh Bullman, Milt Sparks and Ken Null, Rafter S and Matt Del Fatti. Safariland and Galco, DeSantis ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

Previously I've used holsters by Lou Alessi and Josh Bullman, Milt Sparks and Ken Null, Rafter S and Matt Del Fatti. Safariland and Galco, DeSantis and many more. I sold Bullman holsters for the H&K P7. My big belly causes my pants to slip down without suspenders, and I hate wearing suspenders! Consequently, I use a pocket holster or a shoulder holster or even coat pocket carry. I've tried an ankle holster at work. Nothing really suits me. I'm going to have to try this after reading all the excellent reviews. Ordering on Monday morning...Tom

Ordered the Remora 6ART tonight (for my Glock 26) based on the recommendations here. Can't wait to try it out. Been carrying in a pocket holster since I got the G26. Might have to get one for my Bersa.

Phil
    Glock 26
    Bersa Thunder .380 DLX
    Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Winchester 37A 12 ga.
    Riverside Arms 16 ga.
    Mossberg 151K

It's rather hard to believe that it will stay in place during physical activity but with so many testimonials I too jumped on board this train. We shall see...

I guess I'm the only one whose had issues with it moving or slipping out when moving or bending a lot. I was assuming it was because of my belly and how I pull my belt up to the waistline and then it will shift down. With me it did seem to work better with an undershirt but I tend to sweat. Maybe it will actually work better with something bigger like my XDSC because of the extra surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    I guess I'm the only one whose had issues with it moving or slipping out when moving or bending a lot. I was assuming it was because of my belly and how I pull my belt up to the waistline and then it will shift down. With me it did seem to work better with an undershirt but I tend to sweat. Maybe it will actually work better with something bigger like my XDSC because of the extra surface area.
    What position are you placing the holster? I wore my Glock 23 in a Remora at 3 o'clock while loading/unloading large stones from Lowes and positioning them in my garden, and my rig didn't shift. I was wearing jeans. If you are wearing the Remora at appendix position and you are having issues with your pants falling then that may be the cause. Try moving it to 3 o'clock or greater and see if it moves.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    I'm fat and have a big belly. I wear my pants over my belly instead of around my waist and having the belly droop down over them (just never have liked that look). My Remora (11ART-RFT) for my full size M&P .45 works great and actually helps hold my pants up (carrying at 3:00).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I'm fat and have a big belly.
    Just realized that was probably a redundant statement for me to make as it is basically the same thing.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Aw man. I saw the title of this post and figured it was a Kimber thread.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    These Holisters are just the best for all around comfort and reliability in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    What position are you placing the holster? I wore my Glock 23 in a Remora at 3 o'clock while loading/unloading large stones from Lowes and positioning them in my garden, and my rig didn't shift. I was wearing jeans. If you are wearing the Remora at appendix position and you are having issues with your pants falling then that may be the cause. Try moving it to 3 o'clock or greater and see if it moves.
    I was wearing mine at 3:00 also. I'm going to experiment more and see how it goes and I'm going to try with some other handguns since everyone else is having such great results but it's going to take some time to build my confidence up. I kind of hate to be a negative voice because it does seem to be a great company but I wanted to let everyone know it MIGHT not be perfect. And even though it did work better for me with a shirt underneath I mainly want it to wear under just a t shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I'm fat and have a big belly. I wear my pants over my belly instead of around my waist and having the belly droop down over them (just never have liked that look). My Remora (11ART-RFT) for my full size M&P .45 works great and actually helps hold my pants up (carrying at 3:00).
    I try this too but it's when I move around that the belt slips down and the holster seems to shift. I wear my belt pretty tight too.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by khukuri View Post
    I was wearing mine at 3:00 also. I'm going to experiment more and see how it goes and I'm going to try with some other handguns since everyone else is having such great results but it's going to take some time to build my confidence up. I kind of hate to be a negative voice because it does seem to be a great company but I wanted to let everyone know it MIGHT not be perfect. And even though it did work better for me with a shirt underneath I mainly want it to wear under just a t shirt.
    Don't worry about being a negative voice. Call it as you see it and experience it. As I see it, there is really not a one-size-fits-all solution. Everyone has to find what works for them. The product has been great for me, but it hasn't for others. But the one cool thing about this one is that you can try it and if you don't like it, or it isn't going to work for you, they will refund your money (probably minus shipping). They have been great for customer service.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

No I wouldn't ask them to take it back and under normal walking around and use it works great.

From reports u guys gave I went to their site and ordered one for my Sigma 40VE. Going to see how it does with a load of bullets and this pistol. If it does like all say and I get the same experience with the sigma I will order one for my SW 642 and glock 26.. I ordered the 10 ART...

Has anyone tried one with a 4 inch k frame smith?.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I have had a problem with the holster migrating down at 3:30 position and shifting with the cant moving backward after several hours. I think it is my large belly and the pants shifting up and down with movement. I see here that it works for most others. I like the holster for quick trips to the store. I want to like this holster and maybe if I sew belt loops to each side and wear a web belt under my pants it might prevent it shifting. I like it more than my IWB clip holsters that keep pulling down my pants.
    I think it is only fair to give a balanced report.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links