I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by true grit I think it is only fair to give a balanced report. Yep, that is true. The key is that you ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by true grit View Post
    I think it is only fair to give a balanced report.
    Yep, that is true. The key is that you have actually tried it before posting anything. I've had so many post negatives and they've never even used it.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I have three Remoras. Wearing the LCP one now. I often place the Remora between my belt and pants waistband, especially when carrying cross draw. A little more like OWB and comfortable.

Mayo.
    iPhone & Tapatalk

If you are having a problem with the Remora shifting, try placing it directly against your skin on your hip, inside your underwear. I don't have the belly problem anymore, but I find that when wearing loose fitting clothing it stays in place better when placed directly against my skin.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    If you are having a problem with the Remora shifting, try placing it directly against your skin on your hip, inside your underwear. I don't have the belly problem anymore, but I find that when wearing loose fitting clothing it stays in place better when placed directly against my skin.
    thanks, I will try it now that the weather is warmer. I have the RFT for a Beretta 21A but the hammer pokes me when worn against my skin. All future Remoras will be ordered with the sweat guard.

yes I think I will try
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Took the plunge! I just spoke with their customer service and they are SUPER helpful! Ordered one for my SR9c. I was all ready to order the 6ART RFT. The young woman I spoke with suggested that I go with the regular 6 with a sweat shield, as most women find it more comfortable and the ART wasn't necessary as the gun will ride fine. Looking forward to trying it out. Anyone wanna bet that my hubby and son will have holster envy and I'll be back ordering one for each them?

If it lives up to it's reputation, I might have to replace my hybrid for my LC9...
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    The Remora seems like it would be a good pocket holster. How well does it retain the gun?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    The Remora seems like it would be a good pocket holster. How well does it retain the gun?

Jim
    Check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0Cz...e_gdata_player
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeZnow View Post
    The holster seemed to stay in place just fine but the gun seemed to come out of the holster a little too easily to me.

Jim

I have 2 remoras, one for my P238 (with sweat shield) and one for my all-steel J-frame snubbie (without). To add to the comments already posted:

-Finally, a company that knows holsters AND has top notch customer service! Love how the owner hand-signs a thank-you on each shipping receipt.
    -The sweat shield on the remora really works (unlike other holsters I've tried). However, the sweat shield on my P238 holster kind of sticks up and makes it less concealable.
    -The only time I've had problems with shifting is if I'm sweating heavily and moving around a lot. I wore my snubbie in a remora while working outside during sauna-like heat/humidity last week (temp was 92, heat index was 110!) and the remora didn't grip against my skin nearly as well once I'd gotten really sweaty.
    -I really like that it doesn't require a gun belt; as a female, there are so many outfits you can no longer wear if you're dressing around a gun belt.
    -Be careful about setting your holstered gun down during restroom visits, lest you leave the stall without picking it back up. Armpit is a handy holder in lieu of better options.

Overall, one of my fave holsters due to comfort, versatility, and value.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    The holster seemed to stay in place just fine but the gun seemed to come out of the holster a little too easily to me.

Jim
    You're right, however, I couldn't do what he did if my life depended on it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    I have 2 remoras, one for my P238 (with sweat shield) and one for my all-steel J-frame snubbie (without). To add to the comments already posted:

-Finally, a company that knows holsters AND has top notch customer service! Love how the owner hand-signs a thank-you on each shipping receipt.
    -The sweat shield on the remora really works (unlike other holsters I've tried). However, the sweat shield on my P238 holster kind of sticks up and makes it less concealable.
    -The only time I've had problems with shifting is if I'm sweating heavily and moving around a lot. I wore my snubbie in a remora while working outside during sauna-like heat/humidity last week (temp was 92, heat index was 110!) and the remora didn't grip against my skin nearly as well once I'd gotten really sweaty.
    -I really like that it doesn't require a gun belt; as a female, there are so many outfits you can no longer wear if you're dressing around a gun belt.
    -Be careful about setting your holstered gun down during restroom visits, lest you leave the stall without picking it back up. Armpit is a handy holder in lieu of better options.

Overall, one of my fave holsters due to comfort, versatility, and value.
    GREAT info! "Dressing around the gun" has definitely been tough for me. There are just not many clothing options for regular holsters, and now that I can carry, I don't like it if I can't. The Remota will fit nicely in some of my handbag pockets too for the days that it's just not possible to carry on me.

I have Remora holsters for my LCR and SP_101 I like em, BUT they give me a rash where they contact my skin. I didn't notice this until it got hot here in the desrt. I now carry in an ACE CASE a cheap( $12.00) but very nice holster. I,ll be back to my remora when the weather cools.

Rich

Per the OP, I'm really hoping these are "the best." This is my first holster for my M&P 9c. If it works as well as reported, I can see one for my SP101 or wife's Bersa 380 in the future.

P.S. First post. Looks like a nice forum! I usually hang out with guns, knives, flashlights, etc, but this will be my first forum dedicated to carry. Looking forward to it.

FoggyGoggles

I don't see the "ART" option for the size 3C (I have a Kahr P9)... I only see it for the 4 & 5. Is it not offered for the smaller sizes?

I've tried the rest, now using the best

I use a Ramora alternative by Sticky Holster and like it better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk ... Possibly from the crapper
    accessbob likes this.

My wife has the series#2A for her Bodyguard 380 and we loved it so much I had to order the #6ART for my M&P40c with REMORA-HYDE (Leather Liner) I was told by Alan the owner it's a little thinner than the standard liner. I can't wait to get it in the mail this week!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links