I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 I've tried many an IWB holster. From $10 dollar nylon ones to $100+ leather/various hide ones. And while you usually get ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

  1. #106
    Member Array AngryBadger417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Good ole West Virginia
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 View Post
    I've tried many an IWB holster. From $10 dollar nylon ones to $100+ leather/various hide ones. And while you usually get what you pay for I've rarely found one that I would consistently buy again for my next gun. Probably the Crossbreed was as close as I have come to being a repeat purchaser.

    Over the past two years, I've purchased six different guns and probably purchased 15 different holsters. Not a ton but that just covers two years. Again, never found that great one that would make me buy their brand consistently for whatever gun I purchased.

    Until now.

    On Friday, my Remora Holster arrived. Size 6ART for the Ruger SR9C. I've been wearing it since it came in and it looks like I can end my quest for I feel that this is the Holy Grail of holsters. Now I know there are many reviews here for the Remora but I was always skeptical about the design and concept. This thing just plain works. No clip, no hassle, no fuss, no muss.

    I can place it as deep or as high as I want. Straight up, slight cant, major cant, not an issue. 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, appendix....I can put it anywhere and its not going anywhere. Mine doesn't even have the reinforced mouth on it yet re-holstering was a breeze. I wore it all weekend....to home depot, to wally world, outside while playing soccer with my daughters. Bending, sitting, twisting turning....the thing just didn't move.

    I even had my wife trace some marks on my sides to show me where I originally placed the holster. At the end of the day, after all that movement, it stayed in its original location. No sliding, no moving, no shifting. So, my next goal was to get it to move. All the next day I did things I thought would have made the thing move: take off my belt, tuck part of my shirt against it, over exaggerate my movements....nothing.

    Wore it to bed last night. Wearing a T-shirt and boxer briefs (dont try and imagine it) with just about an inch of elastic band all the way around the waist and I did get it to move. Sometime in the night it moved a bit but was still against my body in the morning. Again, we are talking about an SR9C with a full 17 round mag. I was glad that it moved because I was just so darn determined to get it to, but what I had to do to accomplish that also cemented my belief that this holster is pure gold.

    I will buy this holster again and will get one with each new gun purchase. My only regret is not getting one sooner. Their customer service is supposed to be great so that's another plus but just based on their holsters alone, they get the best marks I can give them. For less than 30 bucks, its a no-brainer purchase.

    This is why I will buy a remora holster for every gun I own! They are the best in my opinion! Too comfortable to believe
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #107
    New Member Array kboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    5

    Re: I've tried the rest, now using the best

    Put my Remora order in last night for my glock 19.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

  4. #108
    New Member Array Chrischandler71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    14

    I've tried the rest, now using the best

    Placed order this morning. Thanks for all the insight here on the forum.

  5. #109
    Member Array guitarzNgunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    421
    Just got my #6ART SS (Artemis Combat Cut/Sweat Shield) with Remora-Hyde (Leather Lining) for my M&P 40c in the mail today! This thing is SWEET! Best holster I've ever had! And the least I've ever paid for a holster!
    accessbob likes this.

  6. #110
    Member Array guitarzNgunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    interesting. I'm skeptical as a serious real deal holster as well, BUT I have zero experience with one and I dont think Ive ever read a bad thing about them. Can you run full sprint with one of these on? Please test with an UNLOADED weapon as I am curious. I agree as far as convenience goes, how nice it would be to grab and go.
    They are definitely a real deal holster, they stay put no matter what. There are many reviews on YouTube showing people running and there is even a guy that does a flip and the holster stays put! And I can account from personal experience that they will stay put! It takes some getting used to at first because your unsure of the no clip design but after a week or two you become confident in the fact that it ain't going nowhere!

  7. #111
    Member Array guitarzNgunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    The holster seemed to stay in place just fine but the gun seemed to come out of the holster a little too easily to me.

    Jim
    It is a compression type holster the retention comes from a drawstring say on jogging pants, or a belt on jeans or the elastic band on gym shorts. Nothing better IMO as far as comfort and low profile look with no visible clips, retention is good giving you have on something that adds compression. As you seen in the video the guy does a back flip... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0C...e_gdata_player

  8. #112
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    It is a compression type holster the retention comes from a drawstring say on jogging pants, or a belt on jeans or the elastic band on gym shorts. Nothing better IMO as far as comfort and low profile look with no visible clips, retention is good giving you have on something that adds compression. As you seen in the video the guy does a back flip... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0C...e_gdata_player
    A regular dress belt gives me the compression I need. Works great and no special belt needed.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  9. #113
    Ex Member Array humblenutto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    107
    Just for reference I have a remora holster for both my Taurus PT111 pro and the full size Pt92 AF. Even with the PT92 in the holster it doesn't move. I tested wearing jeans with no belt. The jean are just barely snug around my waist can stay in place without a belt. With the Remora holster the jeans are a bit more snug but in no way do they feel restrictive or pinching. I can sprint, do cartwheels, jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, squats, roll down sideways on a hill in my backyard for about 15 yards and it doesn't move. This is with a 2 and a half pound full size gun in it. I also bought a Joe Theis holster for my PT111, when I originally ordered my Remoras for it and my pt92. I like the traditional leater ad kydex formed IWB holster from Theis, but it just isn't at the same comfort level at all as the Remora. It pulls on my body and clothing when I do twists and certain exaggerated movements. Both holsters are perfectly secure though. I will say that at least the Theis holster wasn't ridiculous on price like many other custom fit leather/kydex holsters out there. It is also very well made. I do not regret buying it at all. The ONLY downside to the remora is that it is a bit thicker over all. The kydex for my other holster is paper thin and does the job well. Which means conceal-ability wise the Theis holster beats the Remora holster. From a comfort standpoint the Remora holster wins by a bit.

  10. #114
    Member Array NorthernVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    153
    Looks like the 10ART is what fits my Sig P229. Do you guys recommend the reinforced top or not for larger guns? Going to give one a try. Nevermind, I called them and spoke with their CS, ordered up a standard 10ART and it's on the way. I am such a holster whore.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

  11. #115
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernVandal View Post
    Do you guys recommend the reinforced top or not for larger guns?
    The Reinforced Top just holds the top open for easier holstering. The non reinforced top sometimes requires pulling it out to reholster. But the Reinforced Top does make it stick out a little further .
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  12. #116
    Member Array guitarzNgunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by humblenutto View Post
    Just for reference I have a remora holster for both my Taurus PT111 pro and the full size Pt92 AF. Even with the PT92 in the holster it doesn't move. I tested wearing jeans with no belt. The jean are just barely snug around my waist can stay in place without a belt. With the Remora holster the jeans are a bit more snug but in no way do they feel restrictive or pinching. I can sprint, do cartwheels, jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, squats, roll down sideways on a hill in my backyard for about 15 yards and it doesn't move. This is with a 2 and a half pound full size gun in it. I also bought a Joe Theis holster for my PT111, when I originally ordered my Remoras for it and my pt92. I like the traditional leater ad kydex formed IWB holster from Theis, but it just isn't at the same comfort level at all as the Remora. It pulls on my body and clothing when I do twists and certain exaggerated movements. Both holsters are perfectly secure though. I will say that at least the Theis holster wasn't ridiculous on price like many other custom fit leather/kydex holsters out there. It is also very well made. I do not regret buying it at all. The ONLY downside to the remora is that it is a bit thicker over all. The kydex for my other holster is paper thin and does the job well. Which means conceal-ability wise the Theis holster beats the Remora holster. From a comfort standpoint the Remora holster wins by a bit.
    May I recommend the next Remora you order, that is if you plan on ordering another in the future. I would suggest you get the new Remora-Hyde leather liner, Alan at Remora listens to the feedback from customers and in turn has come up with a solution to reduce the overall thickness. While it is ever so slightly it makes a world of difference. I just got my #6ART SS with Remora-Hyde and it's great, overall concealment and comfort are outstanding. It weighs slightly more than the standard liner but honestly you don't even notice the difference, and given the benefit it's definitely worth it.

  13. #117
    Member Array Bstock87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    111

    I've tried the rest, now using the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    Anyone try 1 with a 1911?
    I had one for my commander sized 1911. Worked as good as it does for my HK P2000sk which is about half the weight. I still prefer a traditional holster but it worked pretty good still and I never did buy another holster for the gun while I had it.

  14. #118
    Member Array Sheepdogbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    39
    I have been looking at these for quite a while (learned about them on this forum) but have not purchased.... YET!
    Can anyone tell me if the tuck able version carries differently? I would like to have that option (for tucked in work shirts) but from the photos, it looks like there is significantly less sticky material on this version. My concern is that the tuck holster might not be as versatile as the standard holster if you decided to pocket carry, AIWB or cross draw. Are their limitations to the tuck version? Thoughts?

  15. #119
    Member Array zeke4351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    232

    I've tried the rest, now using the best

    I just ordered a Remora for my Sig P250 sub compact this morning. I can't wait to try it because I have always carried a 380 in a pocket holster and I want to carry something larger than the 380.

  16. #120
    VIP Member Array tokerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    I would suggest you get the new Remora-Hyde leather liner, Alan at Remora listens to the feedback from customers and in turn has come up with a solution to reduce the overall thickness. While it is ever so slightly it makes a world of difference.
    - I wasn't a huge fan of the Remora-Hyde leather liner. I own 4 standard Remora holsters (Kahr PM9, Kahr P380, S&W 638 and Glock 19). I wanted to try the new liner since it was thinner, so I ordered 3 for my Kahrs and Glock. The only one I ended up keeping was the Glock 19. The fit was much too tight on the Kahr, which may be due to the fact that I have a Crimson Trace LaserGuard on each. I tried it for about a week and I still had a very difficult time drawing the guns. Unfortunately, I returned the ones for my Kahrs since I didn't really notice a difference in thickness in every day use.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

beretta nano holster

,

beretta nano holster review

,
beretta nano leather holster
,

best iwb holster for glock 26

,
best iwb holster for ruger sr9c
,
glock 26 holster review
,
glock 26 holster reviews
,
ruger sr9 holster review
,
ruger sr9c iwb holster
,

sr9c holster

,
white hat holster review
,

white hat holsters review

Click on a term to search for related topics.