I've tried the rest, now using the best

This is a discussion on I've tried the rest, now using the best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've tried many an IWB holster. From $10 dollar nylon ones to $100+ leather/various hide ones. And while you usually get what you pay for ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I've tried the rest, now using the best

I've tried the rest, now using the best

I've tried many an IWB holster. From $10 dollar nylon ones to $100+ leather/various hide ones. And while you usually get what you pay for I've rarely found one that I would consistently buy again for my next gun. Probably the Crossbreed was as close as I have come to being a repeat purchaser.

Over the past two years, I've purchased six different guns and probably purchased 15 different holsters. Not a ton but that just covers two years. Again, never found that great one that would make me buy their brand consistently for whatever gun I purchased.

Until now.

On Friday, my Remora Holster arrived. Size 6ART for the Ruger SR9C. I've been wearing it since it came in and it looks like I can end my quest for I feel that this is the Holy Grail of holsters. Now I know there are many reviews here for the Remora but I was always skeptical about the design and concept. This thing just plain works. No clip, no hassle, no fuss, no muss.

I can place it as deep or as high as I want. Straight up, slight cant, major cant, not an issue. 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, appendix....I can put it anywhere and its not going anywhere. Mine doesn't even have the reinforced mouth on it yet re-holstering was a breeze. I wore it all weekend....to home depot, to wally world, outside while playing soccer with my daughters. Bending, sitting, twisting turning....the thing just didn't move.

I even had my wife trace some marks on my sides to show me where I originally placed the holster. At the end of the day, after all that movement, it stayed in its original location. No sliding, no moving, no shifting. So, my next goal was to get it to move. All the next day I did things I thought would have made the thing move: take off my belt, tuck part of my shirt against it, over exaggerate my movements....nothing.

Wore it to bed last night. Wearing a T-shirt and boxer briefs (dont try and imagine it) with just about an inch of elastic band all the way around the waist and I did get it to move. Sometime in the night it moved a bit but was still against my body in the morning. Again, we are talking about an SR9C with a full 17 round mag. I was glad that it moved because I was just so darn determined to get it to, but what I had to do to accomplish that also cemented my belief that this holster is pure gold.

I will buy this holster again and will get one with each new gun purchase. My only regret is not getting one sooner. Their customer service is supposed to be great so that's another plus but just based on their holsters alone, they get the best marks I can give them. For less than 30 bucks, its a no-brainer purchase.

2. Remove Ads

I just ordered a Remora #10 for my Glock 23 last week. I was notified today that its shipping.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck but its only comfortable placed behind my back at about 4:30 which makes it difficult to draw. If I place the CBST at 3:00 it squeaks when I walk and also drags my pants down a bit.

I like the idea of the Remora. It can be placed at any position, any cant. I am so looking forward to receiving mine. I wish I had known about them before spending around $150 total on different holsters.

Have had a Remora for 4 months now.
    Use it for a Gen4 G26.
    In the summertime with shorts and an untucked t-shirt or polo-type shirt-
    really no printing at all.
    Now that the weather is colder, it is really easy to get good concealment.
    Very comfortable to wear.
    Just ordered a White Hat Max Tuck to try something different.
    I'll use it with my Wilderness 5 stitch.
    It will be hard to beat the Remora though.

I have four remora holsters. They work as advertised
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

What kind of gun are you using this with?

Has anyone tried one of these with a bigger/heavier gun? im experimenting for my 229 and wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatGun View Post
    What kind of gun are you using this with?

Has anyone tried one of these with a bigger/heavier gun? im experimenting for my 229 and wouldn't mind giving this a try.
    I was using a Ruger SR9C with full 17 round mag, one in the chamber. Except when I slept with it, then just the full mag.

I love my Remora!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same one works with my Sigma .40 and Glock 17. Ordering one for my LC9. Great holsters.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Just orderd an Infedil Holster (kytex) from Comp-Tac, hopefully did not wast my money. Wore an Uncle Mikes soft holster for about a week could not keep it in place. Remora sounds great will have to check out web site.

I just bought a Remora for my LC9. Great holster for IWB carry. Very comfortable, easy concealed, and doesn't move.

I just got a New White Hat Holster yesterday in the mail for my Glock 23 and am very very pleased with it, gun fits in like a glove and has that nice clicking sound when it seats in.... its not broken in yet but well on the way.. very very comfortable.. cant say enough about it so far...

Sold.

Ordered mine.

RKM
    I have two Remoras. I don't think they're good for a serious real deal holster, but I will say they work amazingly well, and they work great as a quick grab before running out the door type of holster. No belt needed. They work as advertised, but I carry mainly with Galco King Tuk's.

I just ordered two Remoras and can't wait to get them. I haven't read a single bad thing about them.

I also ordered one for my sr9c. Along with my Mitch Rosen owb I'm covered. I usually carry in the owb though. I mainly use the remora for a soft case when I have it in the car it sits right between my seat and the console. I wore my ruger in sweatpants with it around the house and was amazed it did stay where I put it. Great holster!

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    I have two Remoras. I don't think they're good for a serious real deal holster, but I will say they work amazingly well, and they work great as a quick grab before running out the door type of holster. No belt needed. They work as advertised, but I carry mainly with Galco King Tuk's.
    interesting. I'm skeptical as a serious real deal holster as well, BUT I have zero experience with one and I dont think Ive ever read a bad thing about them. Can you run full sprint with one of these on? Please test with an UNLOADED weapon as I am curious. I agree as far as convenience goes, how nice it would be to grab and go.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links