Thoughts on appendix carry - Page 2

Thoughts on appendix carry

This is a discussion on Thoughts on appendix carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a BIG fan of AIWB! It took a little longer to get used to when I sit or bend. But, it's definitely my most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Thoughts on appendix carry

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I'm a BIG fan of AIWB! It took a little longer to get used to when I sit or bend. But, it's definitely my most PCM to date.

I trimmed down one of my CBST's. I really have liked the way it works AIWB. I can use the velcro clips or "J" hooks and I can have complete "tuckable" concealment.

maddy345,
    I replied to your email earlier, but I will also comment here. I am a huge Dale Fricke fan and really like his Archangels. I have 4 of his rigs and 3 horizontal mag pouches. They are my preferred AIWB holsters. I have been using a Pardus from Cane & Derby for a G17 and a Shaggy from Custom Carry Concepts for a G19. Both of them are fine holsters and may even conceal the butt better than the Archangel because of wedges built into the holsters, but I still prefer Dale's holster as of right now. Biggest problem right now with the Pardus and Shaggy is getting one. It took me 4 months to get my Pardus and I had to buy the Shaggy used from a buddy of mine or it could take 6-8 month for one. I prefer Kydex because I sweat pretty good, and it is usually hot here in Georgia. So leather doesn't work for me and I have not tried any leather AIWB holsters that are being made. What works for me, may not work for you. AIWB is so damn hard to dial in, and is very dependant on body type and shape.

I personally think you are cheating yourself by not having a stiffer belt like a A&G, The Beltman or a Wilderness. A stiff belt, with a quality holster makes AIWB very comfortable and really stable for me.

Pics if anyone wants to look. Pardus, Shaggy and Archangel.

Archangel with G19

Shaggy with G19. Notice the wedge that is built into the design to bring the butt into the body.

Shaggy and Archangel side by side.

I hope that helps.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I have a Beltman, Gould and Goodrich and a Wilderness belt but they actually make the grip stick out farther than a thin leather belt. I only use them when carrying strong side.

There is a forum member from Sigforum making belts for only $50 and they are NICE! Check them out http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/3270060572

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a blade tech IWB no cant holds my Glock 23 and x300 perfect. I carry appendix also. If I have the light attached its a blade tech, if not its either a dale fricke archangel or RCS acr. They are all great and hold the gun tight. I either use a wilderness belt or ares gear belt. The blade tech and archangel have a much faster production time but the attachments aren't and wide spread on the belt. I hope this helps.

You may also want to consider the C-Tac (with "C" belt clips, in my case), which in my opinion is a very good option for AIWB carry. It's how I carry my G27 every day.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    You may also want to consider the C-Tac (with "C" belt clips, in my case), which in my opinion is a very good option for AIWB carry. It's how I carry my G27 every day.
    boricua,
    Are you able to tuck your shirt in with the CTAC without it printing or looking like you have a tumor? How does the winged belt clip not interfere with you belt buckle?
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links