Looking for a quality yet affordable carry holster

This is a discussion on Looking for a quality yet affordable carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been experimenting with cc holsters, I have a galco iwb single j hook which is ok... An a desantis back holster with metal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for a quality yet affordable carry holster

Looking for a quality yet affordable carry holster

I have been experimenting with cc holsters, I have a galco iwb single j hook which is ok... An a desantis back holster with metal clip which I hate. I want something to carry a Springfield xd 40 4". Any suggestions. I like the iwb idea but if it is outside with a forward cant I think it will be concealed enough
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

2. Remove Ads

Inside The Waistband

Give High Noon a try, they have great customer service, will take it back if you don't like it or have problems with it, and have a lot of their stocking holsters under $55, and they ship out in days.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Get a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro and you can carry either way, IWB or OWB in several different cants. 23 different variations, and the holster is a dream.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Bear River Holsters - Custom Gun Leather

Here is my xd9sc in one of Brads IWB... Affordable, he has a short wait time compared to quite a few other holster makers and you get to support the little guy.

P1020504.JPG

Take a look at CrossBreed holsters.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

WhiteHatHolsters I just got one of theirs and have to say its very comfortable, I use it to carry my Glock23, also picked up a holster for my Smith&Wesson,revoler from
    Theishosters.com and it is so very nice and comfortable as well... cant go wrong with either one..

I use the Invis-tuck Custom made for my Glock 19 The American Holster Company Excellent quality and very comfortable, 78 bucks delivered and only took 6 weeks, (don't know what the time frame is now) Like the Crossbreed but all leather, I didn't want Kydex. Highly recommend them.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Remora Holsters

Here is my xd40sc in a UBG holster, it is the owb holster which rides it really high, this is the bonneville trimmes in shark skin, he offers several holster and an excellant
    IWB called the canute. look at his gallery of pics, and he is on facebook. Quality leather work, love mine, have a canute ordered, and a fairly short turn time 2 weeks or so.IMG_0684.jpgIMG_0685.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

UBGholsters.com forgot to mention that , he also makes some quality gun belts..... cannot emphasize enough the quality of his work and the nice fit on the gun. Good Luck
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    I use the Invis-tuck Custom made for my Glock 19 The American Holster Company Excellent quality and very comfortable, 78 bucks delivered and only took 6 weeks, (don't know what the time frame is now) Like the Crossbreed but all leather, I didn't want Kydex. Highly recommend them.
    Just checked out that holster sight, he really makes some nice looking holsters.....might have to give him a shot on my next order. I am a leather person, and the price seems reasonable. Not going to put a 500 dollar gun in a ten dollar holster, just does not make sense to me, lol....
    rdpG19 likes this.

VIP Member
    Compared to my literal box-full of unused holsters ranging from cheap and ineffective to expensive and ineffective, I find my Brommeland Max-Con Vs to be the most economical holsters I own. Retentive, comfortable, concealable, ergonomic, easily accessable and well-made, I would have saved hundreds of dollars if I had only gone to and stuck with them in the first place. High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

Quote Originally Posted by YANG View Post
    Remora Holsters
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

Thanks for all the inputs. lots of research to do now... Liking the invisi-tuk so far
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.

Most comfortable I have ever used. Have 3 of his select grade and everyone is great.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links