Hybrid holsters

Hybrid holsters

This is a discussion on Hybrid holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years ago when I needed a good conceilable holster I had many options but once I tried a hybrid from Crossbreed I knew ...

Thread: Hybrid holsters

Hybrid holsters

A few years ago when I needed a good conceilable holster I had many options but once I tried a hybrid from Crossbreed I knew what I had to have. At that time there was only 2 options I found: the SuperTuck and the Kholster. Now Galco has one and I saw an ad at the top of this page for another rather blocky looking one and read a thread about one made by a guy named Cleveland. My questions are: which one came first? Which one is better?

By the way, I have the SuperTuck holding my 1911 right where it was destined to be.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

I can't comment on better or worse but my understanding of the timeline. Tucker made "the answer" first and its my understanding that they were first to build a hybrid, then crossbreed and comptac came out with theirs after, then kholster then desantis(though I'm not sure it's available still) then galco. There are also dozens of smaller shops that build hybrids but I'm less sure of where they go in that timeline.

Take care!

Luke

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have both a Supertuck and a Comp-Tac MTAC and the MTAC is a lot nicer IMO. I get the impression that the Answer is better but I haven't seen them in person.

-john

Links