Anyone carry a 3" Colt Defender or similar? What to you carry it in?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a 3" Colt Defender or similar? What to you carry it in? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry a compact 1911? I carry the Colt Defender Series 90 in .45acp currently in a Tagua leather belt slide holster. Carries snug ...

Thread: Anyone carry a 3" Colt Defender or similar? What to you carry it in?

Does anyone carry a compact 1911? I carry the Colt Defender Series 90 in .45acp currently in a Tagua leather belt slide holster. Carries snug against me but is a son of a gun to reholster as it tends to collapse...
    What do ya'll carry yours in? Any pics?

I have a springer compact and carried it in a custom holster by Horseshoe leather for about 3 days. I cinch my belt tight and the holster would collapse. Went to a Galco Royal Guard and now have two of them for two different 1911's. I am well satisfied. I don't need a fancy name or fancy leather, just one that will do the job I want it to and the Galco fills the bill. I have seen pictures of RG's that have served their purpose for years and I am 67, how many more of them will I need?

VIP Member
    I used to carry a Kimber Ultra-Carry II in a Brommeland Max-Con V. Even though the mouth isn't reinforced with a band, collapse is not an issue when re-holstering. With a 3" barrel, the wing on the bottom of the holster will resemble the photo on top, since the bottom one shows a full-sized 1911.
    High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

I carry my Kimber Ultra Eclipse in a Remora most of the time. At 3:00 with a forward cant I find it very comfortable and offers good concealment for me.
    Reholstering is not easy but is doable which is really only an issue for repeated practice. I also use a Blackhawk Yaqui slide if I know I will have a coat
    on. This is very nice to draw from but difficult to conceal unless I have a coat on. One nice thing is I can use it with my 3" ultra or my 5". I have noticed
    that it seems more stable with the length of my full size holding against my side. With the 3" the grip does not seem to be as tightly held against my side.
    Probably a stiffer belt would help this. One other drawback to the Yaqui slide is the position of my belt loops prevents me from putting it right at 3:00.

I am very carefully searching for another OWB holster before I buy one. I would rather put my money in ammo than a drawer full of holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhippy View Post
    I have a springer compact and carried it in a custom holster by Horseshoe leather for about 3 days. I cinch my belt tight and the holster would collapse.
    I assume that's Mr. Arratoonian's IWB holster? It's reinforced with steel at the holster mouth - similar to my Milt Sparks Summer Special. I like a snug belt, but I've never had my SS collapse to the point that I couldn't re-holster.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I run a Galco Ultra Deep Cover for my Kimber Ultra Aegis II.

Appendix IWB in a Galco USA.

Check out the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, with COWDEX! registered trademark.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links