OWB Holster for Tactical Pistol Class

This is a discussion on OWB Holster for Tactical Pistol Class within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am taking my first tactical pistol class in a couple of weeks and I am thinking about an OWB holster for my M&P9c. I ...

Thread: OWB Holster for Tactical Pistol Class

OWB Holster for Tactical Pistol Class

I am taking my first tactical pistol class in a couple of weeks and I am thinking about an OWB holster for my M&P9c.

I normally carry IWB, but I spoke to the class instructor and the way he put it was "this isn't a CCW class so we won't be focusing on drawing from concealment" and suggested an OWB holster.

I don't really want to spend a fortune since I don't really plan to carry OWB (unless I find that it doesn't print on me). I was thinking about a Kydex, maybe an UncleMikes. Don't know where to start on this one.

Suggestions please?

Doc

2. Remove Ads

Uncle Mikes are inexpensive but still decent holsters and if that's all your gonna use it for no need in getting high dollar stuff, check with other shooters see if they have a holster for sale
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    I don't really want to spend a fortune
    OK, what's your price range? If you can afford $90, then a solid rig I can suggest is the Blade-Tech IDPA combo - Pro Series IDPA PAK :: Competition Series Products :: Blade-Tech Industries You can get the holster alone for $20 less, I think, but the mag pouch is worth the extra bucks.

Adjustable rake and good retention, plus the dropped and offset position is great for range use, training, and any competition you might engage in. I use one for 1911s that I shoot steel matches with, and I like it a lot better then the Uncle Mike's Kydex holster I tried.

In my tac training classes the Safariland thigh holsters were real popular, but I'm not a cop and I don't ever see myself carrying that way, and the Blade-tech is a good compromise between ultra-tactical and and an everyday high-rise IWB rig.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I like the Comp-Tac OWB paddle at the range.

-john

I have a fobus holster that I use with my s&w for the range and once in a while when I will be wearing a heavy coat where it doesn't show. It was inexpensive but fits well. One of these should be good enough for a tactical class. Also, high noon holsters makes inexpensive holsters that are in stock...only downside is they don't remain open for reholstering. I used one of these while I waited for a custom leather holster arrive. Minus the issue with reholstering it worked fine for me.

I use my OWB a lot in the winter time. I have had a Triple K secret agent that lasted a long time. I now have a CQC Blackhawk that I have been very happy with. Both are leather and have thumb/strap retention. The Blackhawk goes for around $50 in Ks.

Links