Uncle Mikes holster coming off while wearing!!

This is a discussion on Uncle Mikes holster coming off while wearing!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a size 10 IWB nylon Uncle mikes holster for my Ruger LCP. It fits good BUT it has the holster has the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Uncle Mikes holster coming off while wearing!!

I recently purchased a size 10 IWB nylon Uncle mikes holster for my Ruger LCP. It fits good BUT it has the holster has the tendency to slip off my belt. I tried using a gun belt and a regular belt. I tried wearing it at 5oclock, 4 o'clock, 1 and 2.

This is my first "cheap" holster so I don't know if this is common. I never happened to me with any other holster before.

Sounds as if your having the same problem at different positions, I have no solutions for your problem. I however appriciate your posting as a heads up! Good Luck.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I have never spent any money on an Uncle Mike's holster, but I do have a few friends that did when they first got their permits, and each of them promptly moved on to something of high quality after realizing that you really do get what you pay for.
    darbo likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The best inexpensive IWB holster is the Remora. I can guarantee it won't slip.
    Crescentstar likes this.

VIP Member
    Holsters are like tattoos. Good ones aren't cheap, and cheap ones aren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I recently purchased a size 10 IWB nylon Uncle mikes holster for my Ruger LCP. It fits good BUT it has the holster has the tendency to slip off my belt. I tried using a gun belt and a regular belt. I tried wearing it at 5oclock, 4 o'clock, 1 and 2.

This is my first "cheap" holster so I don't know if this is common. I never happened to me with any other holster before.
    An Uncle Mike's holster is good to transport a pistol that is already in a locked case.

You answered the question with your last statement: it's a cheap holster. No belt is going to make up for a cheap holster. Hopefully you are working to rectify your holster problem (and not with another Uncle Mike's) (from a former Uncle Mike's holster owner).
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    If the thing wants to go away, let it!

There are too many good, inexpensive holsters out there to use one that doesn't work.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Administrator
    Uncle Mike will never be my Uncle.

Toss it out and go shopping for something better would be my suggestion.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

try an ace case from cheaper then dirt (10 dollars ) all leather and tuckable

sgb
    Uncle Mikes holsters are garbage
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Time to find your gun and new friend....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Administrator
    I had an Uncle Mike. He was cheap and trashy too.
    discoboxer likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I had an Uncle Mike. He was cheap and trashy too.
    My nephews Eric and Lucas would disagree with you, vigorously.
    discoboxer, Guest1 and SIXTO like this.

I actually use a Nemesis pocket holster for my LCP which I LOVE. I probably wouldn't carry it IWB too often (if I went IWB I would choose another firearm instead). That is why I was hoping a Uncle Mikes $10 holster would be good for the occasional use.

I don't think the price paid has much if anything to do with the utility or even the quality of a holster. Paying more won't necessarily get you a more functional holster. Some of the more highly-regarded holsters here and at the many other sites I've visited aren't all that expensive.

You can spend all you want or even more than you can afford--if the shape of that portion of the holster that secures the gun changes with where you wear it or how tight your belt is, etc., then you've got a problem IMO. The last thing I want is a holster that depends on anything but the holster to secure the weapon. It amazes me how many holsters are out there that at least look like they only work if you're standing or sitting upright.

Anyway, I've got a real beef with the clips, paddles and other ideas that I've seen fail on others and have had fail on me personally. Holsters that drop the weapon when you're under the car or changing a tire, holsters than come off your belt when you draw the weapon (only happened in training, thankfully) and holsters that don't retain a gun if the holster is upside down come is ALL price ranges from $35 to $155.

You gotta get one that works the way you work, and that's mostly a matter of the basic design.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links