Remora for LC9 SS of FS mod?

This is a discussion on Remora for LC9 SS of FS mod? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided to get the Remora Holster for my Ruger LC9. I can't decide if I will need the sweat shield or the full ...

Thread: Remora for LC9 SS of FS mod?

Remora for LC9 SS of FS mod?

I have decided to get the Remora Holster for my Ruger LC9. I can't decide if I will need the sweat shield or the full sweat shield mod. Here in South Georgia it gets hot and I sweat a lot.

The gun grip will probably rest on my skin in the summer since I will not have a under shirt on.
    I wonder if the shield part would be uncomfortable against my skin. It doesn't say if it made of the grippy material.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by grantr View Post
    I have decided to get the Remora Holster for my Ruger LC9. I can't decide if I will need the sweat shield or the full sweat shield mod. Here in South Georgia it gets hot and I sweat a lot.
    The gun grip will probably rest on my skin in the summer since I will not have a under shirt on.
    I wonder if the shield part would be uncomfortable against my skin. It doesn't say if it made of the grippy material.
    Any suggestions?
    I just got one for my LC9 last week -- the 4ART-SS. I found that with the SS contour, the material came up a little high for my liking beyond the rear sight (forming a little horn that increases printing). I spoke with Alan yesterday and he cheerfully offered to replace it with a non-SS version or try to re-contour the area. He told me to mark it (I used chalk, hopefully it stays) and send it in and they would modify the cut.

As to your question, I tried a jog with it and the only perspiration was on the plastic grip area. Didn't have any on the metal. I imagine in the summertime here in SC, I would have probably seen a few drops on the metal, but I'd always clean that off after exercising anyway. I'm not sure that you'd want the full FS cut -- seems a little excessive for EDC. And yes, the entire exterior is the tacky material, so I think with a lot of abrasion you'd be uncomfortable with the FS.

Either way, Alan will ensure your satisfaction -- his reputation for service precedes him. If you'd like to wait until I get mine back, I'll be happy to report back.

I carry my LC9 in a Remora at 3:30 or so. You will get a grip callus if you have love handles like me. Goes with the territory.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Links