Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!

This is a discussion on Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; bends and thrust ready begin Semper Fi...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    bends and thrust ready begin

Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    bends and thrust ready begin

Semper Fi
    Oh no you didn't... I've done my last bend and thrust, or mountain climber decades ago, Mac!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well done sir!

The Remora is not an everyday, everywhere holster. But it is an excellent, inexpensive (lifetime warranty), holster that allows for easy and discrete carry on the fly.

I use mine with an LCP for extended periods of time in casual office wear and weekend extreme casual wear and no one including my wife ever knows.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I have at least one of every kind of holster known to man........that's a bit of an exaggeration but not by much. I tend to have a belt holster and IWB holster for all of my handguns. I have 3 Remora's. I use them for the daily walk to the car, car to office, ride to lunch, and ride home with a stop or two thrown in on the way home now and then. I also carry around the home and property with a Remora because of the comfort and convenience. I am very fortunate to work for a small engineering firm where all 7 of the men at our office have their CCW permit and we all carry at work regularly. I typically remove my Remora and weapon and place it on my desk during the day. For this "light" duty the Remora's have worked very well. For all day carry I use a leather IWB or belt holsters but the Remora has its place in the carry lineup.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Thanks for sharing. The remora works as advertised
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Glad I'm a speed reader.
    funny

Can I have the last minute of my life back?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You could try wearing two pairs of underwear...

I don't see a person being able to tuck their shirt around it. I think you'd really foul your draw trying to get your gun into play. There comes a point where there are real world limitations to the holster.

I've only worn mine on one trip to Walmart for about three hours total time. I already know it's never going to be my primary everyday holster.

It's a good holster. It's decent. The price is right. It's a nice option to have. And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have any serious issues with it.

I'm really liking the dual mag carrier to carry one spare magazine plus my Fenix LD20 which is my EDC flashlight.
    He could be like that guy on DC a couple months back and pull his unders over his firearm! LOL
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    ok - so a question...

Will the remora work for tucked iwb carry? Or will the holster (and your sidearm) come flying out when you try to pull your shirt out?

I've read that some recommend putting the remora inside your underwear, so you can tuck your shirt without fear of the holster coming out, but i find it hard to believe the tacky rubber material will be comfortable, long term, against bare skin.

Ok remora fan boys - sell me!
    remora!!!!!!!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    Excellent post! I actually did have a little scare with my remora the other day, I went to the restroom and noticed that my mag was released in my FS M&P .40...if I would have drawn I would have exactly 1 shot before I'd go to slide lock as the mag would certainly fall to the ground...has never happened happened before and hasn't happened since but it made me a little leary.
    I was looking at the Remora myself and was skeptical!!! But after seeing one at a Gun Show and hearing this story, I'll need t2 of them: 1 for my Cougar 40 S&W and Bersa Thunder 380!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

Great ending to a good story, thanks. I also carry a xd subcompact in a remora, same jeans... was not looking forward to your "disaster" details...

Barkin, if I knew you personally, I'd give you a swift kick in the pants for the false advertising in the title of your thread!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Barkin, if I knew you personally, I'd give you a swift kick in the pants for the false advertising in the title of your thread!
    I keep saying... there was no false advertising! It did scare the crap out of me. I had to check my pulse to make sure my heart was still beating.

You guys are the ones who jumped to conclusions.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    You missed your calling. O. Henry would be proud!

I have the remora that works in a pocket, but it is better at IWB

I usually use a very flat holster that came with my crimson trace when i pocket carry

The remora adds a little thickness and is a bit too tacky as i have to fight it to get it out of my pocket at the end of the day

I also like the mag carrier for a back pocket. Feels like a wallet.
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links