Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!

This is a discussion on Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was skeptical about the Remora holsters but picked up one with the reinforced top at a local gun show, having a $30 price tag ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Big Scare with New Remora Holster Today!

I was skeptical about the Remora holsters but picked up one with the reinforced top at a local gun show, having a $30 price tag I thought I could get some kind of use out of it. I decided I would wear it for one week straight as an EDC to give it a good test, then I would go back to my CrossBreed type holster to compare the two. I have a service business and I'm in and out of my truck, constantly bending over, on the ground, etc. and was apprehensive of the Remora but this holster stayed where I put it and I never had a problem with it. In fact, I liked the fact that I could re-position it if needed, I sometimes have to lay down on my side and a slight change in position is very helpful and easy with the Remora.

After a good test comparing the two, the Remora is now my EDC. (I understand that your mileage may vary).

I sent the Remora company an email about my experience and told them I will be ordering another one but with the SS (sweat shield) option this time and I wanted a mag holster too. They replied to my email and pointed me to their LEO 20% discount page and offered me a free mag holster. I placed my order today.

For the price it was certainly worth trying it out. As others have said, it will be a holster used for some if not most of your needs.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

2. Remove Ads

I love my two Remoras. I also like that one model will fit multiple handguns. I bought one for my G30 and it also fits the G19! The one for my 1911 compact fits the Kahr CW9!

I used to carry at about 5 o'clock, but I find 4 o'clock to be more comfortable with the Remora. As with any other holster, a good belt is vital.

The Remora stays put. Occasionally, the cant might move slightly, but the gun never budges.

lol that was great.

Bark'n- That is exactly why I come back to this forum all the time. Thanks a million!!
    Bark'n likes this.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Springfield XD9sc
    S&W 4516
    Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U

Have several Remoras and never had them slip off me yet. We can carry in banks in Florida. Not allowing carry in a bank is like not allowing carry at an ATM machine. Those of the times I most want to carry. I do not care if some low life gets the $20 in my wallet and credit cards that only have a $50 dollar liability but when I take out a few grand to buy something cash I want my gun on me. :)

VIP Member
    I've been corrupted. For (~$30 incl shipping), I have one on its way for my PM9. It goes against everything I know about holsters.

It fits the profile for that pistol; It's too big for my pocket, but I don't carry it enough to justify spending big bucks on a professional rig for it. It mainly stays locked up in my office at work, but there have been occasions where I would have liked to have tucked it IWB for a brief errand.

We'll see...

So I guess that none of you guys that use the Remora holster use public restrooms either? Not sure how you can unbutton your pants without this thing falling to the floor since it isn't secured to your belt and/or pants.... Maybe I'm missing something but seems like it'd be a pain to have to sit the thing on the back of the toilet every time you went to the bathroom. but maybe I'm missing something.....

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu08ms3 View Post
    So I guess that none of you guys that use the Remora holster use public restrooms either? Not sure how you can unbutton your pants without this thing falling to the floor since it isn't secured to your belt and/or pants.... Maybe I'm missing something but seems like it'd be a pain to have to sit the thing on the back of the toilet every time you went to the bathroom. but maybe I'm missing something.....

Phillip
    In my case, I really only use my Remora for quick trips or on work days when I have to keep removing the holster (at kids' school and the office). At those times I don't have to worry about going to the bathroom.

In the rare instances when I have used the bathroom with the Remora, I just transfer it to my front pocket when it's time to do the deed.

Doc

EdC
    I can't carry at work, so taking a holster on and off is a big PITA. The Remora (with my Walther PPS) is perfect for Monday-Friday application. Otherwise, the PPS goes in a Crossbreed.

I like it.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    In my case, I really only use my Remora for quick trips or on work days when I have to keep removing the holster (at kids' school and the office). At those times I don't have to worry about going to the bathroom.

In the rare instances when I have used the bathroom with the Remora, I just transfer it to my front pocket when it's time to do the deed.

Doc
    I agree with you Doc. My Remora CC use is not a 24/7 absolute. I particularly like the idea that I can shift it when I drive; stays out of my seat belt and the firearm meets CC ( as opposed to having it off my body in the car) and is easy to retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    I can't carry at work, so taking a holster on and off is a big PITA. The Remora (with my Walther PPS) is perfect for Monday-Friday application. Otherwise, the PPS goes in a Crossbreed.

I like it.
    My two travel CCWs (when driving on business trips) tend to be an LCR .38 and Kahr p380. I have crossbreeds for both but I take them in their respective Remora holsters. They can go from IWB to computer bag to glove compartment to pocket with no problem. I have a Remora for each one of my weapons and for the price, it is a no brainer

Bark'n!!! Jacqui from REMORA here..Too funny!! Although I nearly had heart failure when I started reading your post!! LOL

@ Bark'n...We'll send you a cell phone holder made from our material!!
    WHEC724 and Bark'n like this.

Bark'n that was a great story. I truly enjoyed the pic's and sense of humor. Thanks for sharing.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724;2143009[B
    ]I've been corrupted.[/B] For (~$30 incl shipping), I have one on its way for my PM9. It goes against everything I know about holsters.

It fits the profile for that pistol; It's too big for my pocket, but I don't carry it enough to justify spending big bucks on a professional rig for it. It mainly stays locked up in my office at work, but there have been occasions where I would have liked to have tucked it IWB for a brief errand.

We'll see...

^^^^^^FUNNY^^^^^^^^^

As was your original post Bark'n.
    You really are an instigator, aren't you?
    I do not believe I need one for the moment, but that could change!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links