Ankle hoslter sticks way out

This is a discussion on Ankle hoslter sticks way out within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Wife just got her ankle holster for her Bersa Thunder .380. She tried it on tonight with sweat pants on and it looks like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ankle hoslter sticks way out

Ankle hoslter sticks way out

My Wife just got her ankle holster for her Bersa Thunder .380. She tried it on tonight with sweat pants on and it looks like she has a huge growth on her leg. Are they all like that?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

In my experience, yes. Plus, I just don't like carrying a gun on my ankle.

I do use an ankle wallet holster when I travel out of town and I have an ankle magazine carrier for a spare magazine I use on occasion when I want to carry an extra hi-capacity mag besides my usual two spare mags for a total of three spare mags.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

JD
    Administrator
    The Bersa Thunder .380 is not what I would call a small gun, at least not small enough to advocate ankle carry of it. What's your wife's build? If she's thin, ankle carry of anything other than a .25 or .32 such as the KelTec P32 is probably not going to work that well...

Also, what kind of ankle holster?

Thanks for posting. I am considering an ankle holster when I cant wear my wonderful 5.11 pants with flex-tac. When wearing them I can carry my normal gun LC9 IWB in a CBST at 5 o'clock and my SW 442 BUG in my left front pants pocket. I like having a BUG on me at all times, and am considering an ankle holster as a way to carry my wheel gun in other situations. Not sure how it compares to the Bersa re size and weight.

Keep us posted on any solutions to the issue please.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Its a Pro-Tech ankle holster, nothing fancy. She is 5'7'' and around 215. She doesn't carry often so far. Her main thing is carrying at the gym when she gets off work at 9:30 PM. Any other ways to carry wearing gym clothes?

I just ordered her one of those flash bang bra holsters. I see they make them for the Bersa .380 now. Hope this will work and hope she likes it. She could wear whatever with that.

JerryMac likes this.

No, they are not all like that. I love ankle carry using my Galco Ankle Glove, helps to get the calf strap as well. I carry my PM9 every day in one, very comfy and discreet.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

All depends on the size of gun, IMO, i do not want a gun on my ankle, but the bersa is a little large, if I had to choose it sould be something like the kel tec or ruger, a much smaller gun. It is not the holster per say, but the size of the holster, to accomidate the size of the gun. Changing holsters is not going to change this, unless of course you change to a bellyband or differnt spot.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

You can get away with the bulge around your leg if your older - people will just think it's a catheter bag

Maybe a Ruger LCP, Colt Mustang, or Sig P238 would be a better size choice for ankle carry without the bulge.

She doesn't like little guns, grips are too thin for her.

Try the renegade ankle holster. I tried many others and this is the only one I can wear all day and almost forget it is there! Www.renegadeholstersdirect.com. I have to wear dress clothes to work, plus I sit all day, so the ankle holster works perfect! I carry an LcR revolver which is much bulkier than your 380, with very tapered dress slacks and you cannot even notice its there. It holds the gun very tight to your leg with no movement even if you run! Check them out, they are worth every penny!

i have a DeSantis Apache ankle holster for both my lcr and lcp,can't even tell i'm wearing it..fits perfect and very comfortable,highly recommend..
    Crescentstar likes this.

Is the gun being carried on the inside of the leg, ie right handed draw would place the gun on the right side of the left leg? I have galco ankle glove holsters that do an excellent job of hiding a Glock 26 and a Sig 230/232.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

VIP Member
    I have 2 Fobus ankle one for a PPK and one for small revolver 638 S&W I have to where ankle high boots or it slides down. But with my Timberline boots I like them both. Yes you need to where boot cut type pants but it conceals very well. If I decide to ankle carry alot I may look at some better holsters. But for the 24-30 bucks the Fobus is not bad. the PPK with full mag is a lot heavier than the S&W. The 638 is so light you don't even know it is there.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman View Post
    Try the renegade ankle holster. I tried many others and this is the only one I can wear all day and almost forget it is there! Home. I have to wear dress clothes to work, plus I sit all day, so the ankle holster works perfect! I carry an LcR revolver which is much bulkier than your 380, with very tapered dress slacks and you cannot even notice its there. It holds the gun very tight to your leg with no movement even if you run! Check them out, they are worth every penny!
    Ditto....the Galco Ankle Glove and the Renegade are generally regarded as the two best rigs out there for the money...the Galco has a molded leather holster and the Renegade has a soft pouch...I tried both and went with the Renegade since the soft leather pouch affords me a bit more concealability with straight leg jeans. The gun is secured by a strap but it's a pull thru design so you don't need to fumble with anything...just grab and pull. The wide sheep skin backed elastic band is extremely comfortable (as is the neoprene band on the Galco). You can't go wrong with either but I tend to favor the Renegade slightly for the reasons I mentioned...:)

The soft pouch even fits inside my half boots...:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links