holster used for S&w M442 revolver?

This is a discussion on holster used for S&w M442 revolver? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what do you guy's use for this gun? IWB, pocket holster, behind the back? thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: holster used for S&w M442 revolver?

what do you guy's use for this gun? IWB, pocket holster, behind the back? thanks

Pocket carry in a Mika OR OWB in a holster I made.

I like to carry my edc aiwb (appendix inside waistband). My edc is a Sig P220. When I can't carry the Sig, I pocket carry my Smith 642 in a Mika pocket holster. Smith J Frames are small enough to carry in a pocket, on an ankle, or in a traditional owb or iwb holster.

J frames and pocket carry just seem to go together.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

OWB pancake style from a quality maker is my first choice. FIST http://www.fist-inc.com is my primary source. Look at #9 and #12. Also #11 and 14 may well solve both OWB and IWB for you. My favoriate dedicated IWB is Ken Null's Undercover Special K.L. Null Holsters Home Page. It is the most concealable, comfortable and accessable of the several IWB holsters I have.

Also a quality belt is important even with lightweight arms.

Not to hijack the thread, and to each his own, but I do not pants pocket carry, not even my NAA Guardian.

I use three different holsters for my 642 (same gun as 442, but in stainless):

1.) Don Hume "JIT Slide"- Minimalist OWB holster that I wear at 3:30-4:00. Gun and holster are so light that I don't even need a dedicated gun belt.

2.) Uncle Mike's pocket holster (I think #3)- Basic, cheap and easy. Very good for the inside breast pocket on a coat or front pocket on Dockers, cargo shorts, etc.

3.) High Noon "Mr Softy"- Very good IWB clip holster. In Summer, it conceals with shorts and T-shirt. I wear it anywhere from 1:00 to 5:00. Very versatile.

***All three of these holsters are very affordable, and I like having the options offered by each. Because the holsters carry so differently, I've considered buying another 642 (or 442) to carry as a "New York Reload". Carrying two of these lightweight revolvers would be a piece of cake.

I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for my S&W 642 when I'm wearing cargo shorts and tank tops in the summer and can't easily conceal my 1911. Occasionally carry it Levis as well. Right front pocket if carrying as primary. Left front pocket if carrying as a BUG.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

S&W 442 in a Mika Round-Bottom Pocket Holster. It really disappears in carpenter style jeans and natural fit khakis. Not so much in tighter fitting Levi's 550 or straight legged jeans.
    lowercase likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    S&W 442 in a Mika Round-Bottom Pocket Holster. It really disappears in carpenter style jeans and natural fit khakis. Not so much in tighter fitting Levi's 550 or straight legged jeans.
    I'm going to order one of those Mika holsters for my 642. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    IWB at around 4:00 with an offset clip...lots of makers offer this style (Del Fatti and Lobo gunleather to name a few)...a bit more concealable and comfortable that the clip over the cylinder...

RKM
    I carry mine in my right front pocket, in a Desantis Nemasis Glock 26 holster. I already had that holster laying around and it fits my 442 95% perfectly.

Cool

High Noon Public Secret for my j-frame model 36 Chiefs Special carried AIWB.

Quality and workmanship with good weapon retention and ease of access.

Image 1.jpgImage 2.jpgImage.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Have a Galco IWB and an Uncle Mike's pocket and always use the pocket holster.

uncle mikes #36. Cheap and very comfortable for me at 4 o'clock

I use a Mr. Softy, by High Noon Holsters, AIWB.

For pocket duty, I use a Mika round bottom holster.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links