remora vs. stickyholster

This is a discussion on remora vs. stickyholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Remora for my M&P 9c and I had one for my S&W M637 before I sold it. Out of the half dozen ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: remora vs. stickyholster

I have a Remora for my M&P 9c and I had one for my S&W M637 before I sold it. Out of the half dozen holsters I had for each gun, the Remora was my first choice.

2. Remove Ads

go to tnoutdoors9 video on youtube about remora and hickok45 talks about both in his video about pocket carry

I bought a Remora #10RFT for my G30, but that was because I heard of it first. I probably would have bought the Stickyholster if I had seen it first, it is a bit cheaper. Although I don't think Sticky has the reinforced opening option and that is what I bought from Remora. I do like the Sticky Burrito that Stickyholster's makes.
    --Jason--

Remora is one of the few that make a holster for the SIG P-238 with laser. I bought the soft top and it is fine for both IAW and pocket carry.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Very pleased with the Remora holster. I use it daily.

I have a remora for every pistol that I own. This is mainly because if anything (like my 1911 that has a remora) it allows me pistols to be 'holstered' while they sit on a night desk and not just out there with the trigger in the open.

carrying a remora with a tucked shirt works better compared to my crossbreed.

I can also lower the pistol to better hide it with the remora. I can't do that with the crossbreed. so when I have to be doing alot of bending (like my new job) remora actually works better. also it's great for pocket carry, which is what my BUG PF9 sits in for the past year

Distinguished Member
    I have a #11ART RFT (lower cut, reinforced top) one for my full size M&P45. It is great. I also have the dual mag holder which is also great. And before I sold our two Kel-Tec PF9's we had Remoras for those as well. My brother-in-laws moved to it from the traditional belt holsters and have not gone back. I need to order another one for my wife's new gun (S&W Sigma SW9F) as soon as I can.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I am considering a Remora but I am wondering if the grip finish will irritate my skin since I do not wear undershirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    Remora is one of the few that make a holster for the SIG P-238 with laser. I bought the soft top and it is fine for both IAW and pocket carry.
    Which size did you get for the 238 w/laser?

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I have a Remora and really like it even though I don't use it all the time. Very friendly and professional service and great workmanship.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I've seen both, but I just can't get passed the complete lack of aesthetics on these holsters. To me they're just ugly. I'm a leather guy though.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I've seen both, but I just can't get passed the complete lack of aesthetics on these holsters. To me they're just ugly.
    They are not visible to anyone as they are completely inside your waistband. So to twist Tina Turner's song - "What's LOOK got to do with it?"
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I've seen both, but I just can't get passed the complete lack of aesthetics on these holsters. To me they're just ugly. I'm a leather guy though.
    - I love the look of leather holsters also (especially stingray), but for function and comfort, I believe that the Remora wins every single time. If I open carried, I would most likely use a nice leather holster, but since I CCW, it doesn't matter what my holster looks like.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by jrprich View Post
    I am considering a Remora but I am wondering if the grip finish will irritate my skin since I do not wear undershirts.
    I have been wearing mine since I received it and haven't had any concerns with it against my skin.
    --Jason--

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Everyone happy? Sticky? Remora? As the old lady once said on TV---"where's the beef?" I am an anti belt anything hanging on my person, pants or in my pocket, sports pants, shorts kind of guy almost 24/7. When I asked about a possible solution this type of holster was mentioned---problem solved very admirably. Just for the heck of it ---recommendation was Remora--very good customer service backing up a very competent product.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links