remora vs. stickyholster

This is a discussion on remora vs. stickyholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by accessbob They are not visible to anyone as they are completely inside your waistband. So to twist Tina Turner's song - "What's ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: remora vs. stickyholster

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    They are not visible to anyone as they are completely inside your waistband. So to twist Tina Turner's song - "What's LOOK got to do with it?"
    Just a personal preference. And OC begins here Nov 1, so it will be visible. Anyway, as I said, I like leather holsters. If I don't like the look of something, it doesn't matter if anyone else will see it or not, I'm not buying it.
    Empires are not built by timidity- Tacitus
    Pride in who we are, professional in what we do-OCSO

2. Remove Ads

I like Sticky much better...the fit and finish (stitching, edge material) is far superior vs. the equivalent Remora which to me seemed to be haphazardly sewn together, and they also stick better than the Remora, at least to my skin and clothes. Functionally, they're pretty much the same though, and I like both. The Sticky is better though.

I have a Remora for xd subcompact as well. Works as advertised.

I love my Remoras, great product, great price, great customer service

I would try one if they had one with a clip. What if you were in a mad rush to go to the bathroom and you forgot?
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

One never gets in a "mad" rush when toting.

Only saying that facetiously but a certain presence of mind is called for with responsible concealed carry.

I'd like to try the Ramora but can't remember to order one out.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Just got a sticky holster for my m&p shield today. I'll post some pics in a new thread in a little bit. It's awesome! I also have a Remora for my full size m&p 40. It's great too!

I'm sold

You all convinced me and ordered one for my Kahr PM 9

By far the Sticky Holsters are much better, better made and a class operation. Probably the best in the wasteband holster out there, Remora's material doesn't even compare to Sticky Holsters. The owner of Sticky Holsters helped me out tremendously, great guy, I saw them at the NRA show, the booth was packed with people for 3 days. They have a size for every gun, and they can even custom make for special guns. No comparison between the two Sticky Holsters is the way to go

Have to disagree with you with the customer service part of Remora, Woman on the phone is rude and just bashing the competition, all I wanted to do was buy a holster not hear all her drama, plus they would not get it out in a rush for me, I called Sticky Holsters, they sent it out that day, the guy on the phone was beyond helpful, when I received the holster its amazing and the material is far better than the Remora. A friend of mine had the Remora and could not wear it any more he got rash from the material. He saw mine and bought a Sticky Hoslter. So I would highly recommend the Srticky Holsters

I am trying one right now. 5rft with sweat shield for an xd9sc. It is a little tall for the XD, but I wonder if thats the SS. The top of the holster is above the end of the slide by a good inch....

Otherwise, it appears to do what its supposed to. Stays planted quite nice and is well made. In fact, initial placement is critical as minor adjustments tend to drag any clothing its touching with it, making things uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloman View Post
    Anyone ever notice that Sticky and Remora are located not too far from each other in Florida? Sister company??
    You know......I know a story about the early days of Remora holsters. I know how sticky holsters got their start. Partners at first. It can happen, and I'll tell you another story someday when you've got more time and I feel like telling it. I'm an avid fan of Remora holsters. If you call to order, just ask for Alan.

I have tried both and will be a Remora fan forever. I have one for every gun. Sticky has no advantage, so I "stick" with what works for me. Alan at Remora goes beyond the call with customer service. Great products and an approach to customer service that you don't find often. +100 on Remora.

I'm at ShotShow and just got introduced to StickyHolsters. I wasn't looking for them but they caught my eye, since I've personally been a Remora user (and reseller) for awhile and the Remoras have been my grab-and-go holsters for both of my primary carry guns (LCP and Bersa UC Pro).

The StickyHolsters are a totally different material than the Remora, and after trying them with mock guns at the booth, I like the feel and waistband holding power of the StickyHolster over the Remora. I didn't expect to!

I found this thread when searching for "Remora versus Sticky Holster" on Google, so thought I'd weigh in.

I just emailed Alan at Remora Monday to advise him of a problem I am having with my holster. I didn't ask for a refund or replacement and wasn't a whiney butt. While I was writing it up I figured "why not" and wrote up a suggestion I had for the holsters to improve the product. I praised them for their great product, and I'm pretty sure I asked for a response....Still haven't heard back from the guy...I may call if I haven't heard back by the end of the week.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links