remora vs. stickyholster

This is a discussion on remora vs. stickyholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Concorde I'm at ShotShow and just got introduced to StickyHolsters. I wasn't looking for them but they caught my eye, since I've ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: remora vs. stickyholster

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
    I'm at ShotShow and just got introduced to StickyHolsters. I wasn't looking for them but they caught my eye, since I've personally been a Remora user (and reseller) for awhile and the Remoras have been my grab-and-go holsters for both of my primary carry guns (LCP and Bersa UC Pro).

The StickyHolsters are a totally different material than the Remora, and after trying them with mock guns at the booth, I like the feel and waistband holding power of the StickyHolster over the Remora. I didn't expect to!

I found this thread when searching for "Remora versus Sticky Holster" on Google, so thought I'd weigh in.
    I have gone to using Sticky Holsters (since my original post above) and I like how thin they are and yet hold well and are comfortable.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shootruger View Post
    Have to disagree with you with the customer service part of Remora, Woman on the phone is rude and just bashing the competition, all I wanted to do was buy a holster not hear all her drama, plus they would not get it out in a rush for me, I called Sticky Holsters, they sent it out that day, the guy on the phone was beyond helpful, when I received the holster its amazing and the material is far better than the Remora. A friend of mine had the Remora and could not wear it any more he got rash from the material. He saw mine and bought a Sticky Hoslter. So I would highly recommend the Srticky Holsters

I'm considering going Sticky, too. Remora never returned my contact inquiry via website and i got an annoying call back message when calling during advertised business hours. Not a big deal but stuff like that just annoys me.

The only thing holding me back is i don't believe the Sticky comes with a combat cut option.

EDIT: at second glance the Sticky seems pretty low cut, and they accept paypal on Ebay, so Sticky it is!

remora vs. stickyholster

I use Stickys ALOT. I also used to use Remoras. But, I had problems with two different Remoras with the stitching and called to ask about proper procedure about sending it back. Was told it was my fault and I obliviously wasn't using the product correctly or didn't do the proper research for correct model holster. Oh which they verified I had the correct model. At that point I COMPLETELY gave up on them and I also have no problem telling others too. Wish I could have talked to this wonderful customer service versed person others talk of.

PS I hit send before I finished. Stupid I phone so I had to edit.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorobp View Post
    I use Stickys
    How do you like the profile? Easy to get a good grip on the first try?

remora vs. stickyholster

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    How do you like the profile? Easy to get a good grip on the first try?
    Excuse the poor pic quality from the IPhone. But I just stood up to take this. The profile is awesome and grip is solid of first grab as you can see.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Rob
    -----------
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

remora vs. stickyholster

Holstered is my XD40SC
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Rob
    -----------
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Excuse the poor pic quality from the IPhone. But I just stood up to take this. The profile is awesome and grip is solid of first grab as you can see.

Wow it does look very accessible. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post this and its obv an XD also.

Holstered is my XD40SC

Ever thought about slapping some rubberized Talon grips on her? :)

remora vs. stickyholster

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Ever thought about slapping some rubberized Talon grips on her? :)
    I actually haven't thought of it but now that you mention it. I want too. LOL do they make a set for the XD40SC? Don't mean to go off topic y'all.
    Rob
    -----------
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I actually haven't thought of it but now that you mention it. I want too. LOL do they make a set for the XD40SC? Don't mean to go off topic y'all.
    PM sent.

Got a prompt response from Sticky regarding whether the model LG-6 long or LG-6 short was the best option for my XD-40 Service...

"The LG6-L will give you more coverage to the rear sight area, this will be more comfortable should you be wearing this forward of the hips. If you are wearing rear of the hips the LG6-S will be a more low profile fit."

Since i tend to wear rear of the hips and prefer the lower profile, the short model is the clear choice for me. Will be placing my order as soon as i get back home to my personal PC.
    accessbob likes this.

Which has a thinner profile?

I've heard that the remora is kinda bulky and the sticky holster was thinner. Not sure if this is true. Anyone have both and could clarify. Thanks

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evosil98 View Post
    Which has a thinner profile?

I've heard that the remora is kinda bulky and the sticky holster was thinner. Not sure if this is true. Anyone have both and could clarify. Thanks
    That's true, I have both, love both...neither is a problem.....nice way to iwb carry.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I used to run a Remora appendix carry with a G17.

Okay for a quick trip to the store, but if you live fire train draw and presentation, it's a pain to safely reholster on a repeated basis. That eliminates it as an EDC option for me, because I believe one should carry what one trains with and vice verses...

A quality kydex or leather holster has much better retention than a Remora, and are much safer to train with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Okay for a quick trip to the store... A quality kydex or leather holster has much better retention than a Remora.
    I agree... you have to use the holster that best fits your activity and what you're wearing on a particular day or outing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links