remora vs. stickyholster

This is a discussion on remora vs. stickyholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is just my personal opinion. I do have a Remora holster that I use for pocket carry of my S&W Model 60. For everything ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: remora vs. stickyholster

Cool

This is just my personal opinion.

I do have a Remora holster that I use for pocket carry of my S&W Model 60.

For everything else worn on my waist if it isn't made of leather, dosen't have belt loops or belt clips and it's not held on by a 2 ply leather gun belt then it's not for this old guy.

High Noon Public Secret holster and 2 ply belt for my Glock 23.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

I want my gun secure and staying in place through whatever I go through so that I know it's there if I need it.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

2. Remove Ads

Remora holsters are the best no doubt! Alan like others have is a great guy, I emailed him asking how long the newyear25 coupon code would be available because I didn't have the extra cash at the time to order a holster but wanted to take advantage of the 25% off and he emailed back with what's your address and what holster do you want, you can pay me later! What a great guy! I already ordered a holster previous to this for my wife's Bodyguard 380 and we loved it so much I was interested in getting one for my M&P 40c they're just so convenient to put on last minute and even can wear them lounging around the house in pajama pants!

I have both. I bought the remora from their website. The customer service was excellent. I sent a message asking if they offered a discount for teachers. Within 24 hours I received a coupon code for 30% off. I bought the sticky from my local shooting range so I have not dealt with their costumer service. Between the two I would probably go with the Sticky because I like the material a bit more.

I have a Sticky for my Hellcat .380 and I have the AnkleBiter Leg Rig. I love my Sticky, but I wish there was a thigh rig like the Remora has.

remora vs. stickyholster

Both are similar... I say go with the best price!

I went with the Sticky LG-6 short version. Will post pics when it arrives.

Just when I think I've decided on a holster...I read another thread and my head is turned.

I have a G26 and bought a Blackhawk pocket holster (with a sticky strip) just to cover my trigger guard when the pistol is out and about. I read a remora thread last night and tried the Blackhawk as an IWB and was very pleased with it. I've never carried in public yet (waiting on a holster decision) I was leaning toward a N82 and after reading this I'm leaning toward a sticky.

My question is this. Has anyone used the Remora with the sweat guard or tuck feature? Are they worth it? How practical is the tuck feature?

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    Just when I think I've decided on a holster...I read another thread and my head is turned.

I have a G26 and bought a Blackhawk pocket holster (with a sticky strip) just to cover my trigger guard when the pistol is out and about. I read a remora thread last night and tried the Blackhawk as an IWB and was very pleased with it. I've never carried in public yet (waiting on a holster decision) I was leaning toward a N82 and after reading this I'm leaning toward a sticky.

My question is this. Has anyone used the Remora with the sweat guard or tuck feature? Are they worth it? How practical is the tuck feature?
    As somebody who carries a G26 most of the time AND Owns both a Sticky, a N82 and a Kholster for it I can tell you that a Kholster, or other Hybrid IWB with 2 clips is the way to go. The Sticky and my N82 tactical are both great holsters, but better for smaller guns. While the G26 isn't big it's weight and thickness go against it. If I can't forget that I'm carrying most of the time, the holster isn't doing it's job.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Yes I have the tuckable remora...it allows me to carry with just slacks and a golf type shirt or button up dress shirt...(no I don't carry while playing golf). Very please and works very well....hope this helps you
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Sticky gets my vote over Ramora!!

I have 2 Sticky Holsters one for my Kahr CM9 and the other for my Glock 26. They are both very comfortable and offer many different ways to carry. I looked at Ramora but went with Sticky after doing much reading on line. I like them being much thinner and also the Sticky feels fine up against your skin. I highly recommend for $25 price point!

Just joined this site after I ran across it while searching for a IWB for my little Sig P238. As a resullt, I just ordered the Remora Series 2ART with full sweat shield. Seems a lot of people here like it, so figured I'd give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
    I have 2 Sticky Holsters one for my Kahr CM9 and the other for my Glock 26. They are both very comfortable and offer many different ways to carry. I looked at Ramora but went with Sticky after doing much reading on line. I like them being much thinner and also the Sticky feels fine up against your skin. I highly recommend for $25 price point!
    Does the Sticky holster cover the length of the slide? In other words, does it cover enough of the slide of the G26 to act like a sweat shield between your body and the metal slide of the G26? The pictures of someone's XD in a sticky made it look like that and I wondered if the same was true for the G26 in a sticky.

I was thinking of going with the remora with the basic sweatshield, but if the sticky holster covers that already...then that will be the one I go with.

Only problem I have so far with my new Remora 10ART is the hammer on my Sig digs in when sitting. I am carrying at 3 oclock right now, playing with the SOB idea but that's not too comfy in the truck either.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

I just got my sticky holster. i love it so far. very fast sevice ordered and had in 2 days. rd

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Yes I have the tuckable remora...it allows me to carry with just slacks and a golf type shirt or button up dress shirt...(no I don't carry while playing golf). Very please and works very well....hope this helps you
    Any chance you can snap a couple of pics with the tuckable "in action"? I am considering the tuckable option but am concerned about the printing factor.

Thanks,

Steve E.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links