Defensive Carry banner

remora vs. stickyholster

57K views 94 replies 69 participants last post by  Dave909 
#1 ·
was just wondering if anyone had used or seen both and had an opinion which one seemed to be the best... thanks

#42 ·
Anyone ever notice that Sticky and Remora are located not too far from each other in Florida? Sister company??
You know......I know a story about the early days of Remora holsters. I know how sticky holsters got their start. Partners at first. It can happen, and I'll tell you another story someday when you've got more time and I feel like telling it. I'm an avid fan of Remora holsters. If you call to order, just ask for Alan.

#6 ·
I just got a Remora for my G-19 a week ago and it is fantastic. If I had not read about it here I would have never known.

Reactions: ghost tracker
#14 ·
I don't have any experience with Sticky Holsters either. I do have 4 Remora holsters and their service is top notch.

#18 ·
I bought a Remora #10RFT for my G30, but that was because I heard of it first. I probably would have bought the Stickyholster if I had seen it first, it is a bit cheaper. Although I don't think Sticky has the reinforced opening option and that is what I bought from Remora. I do like the Sticky Burrito that Stickyholster's makes.

#21 ·
I have a remora for every pistol that I own. This is mainly because if anything (like my 1911 that has a remora) it allows me pistols to be 'holstered' while they sit on a night desk and not just out there with the trigger in the open.

carrying a remora with a tucked shirt works better compared to my crossbreed.

I can also lower the pistol to better hide it with the remora. I can't do that with the crossbreed. so when I have to be doing alot of bending (like my new job) remora actually works better. also it's great for pocket carry, which is what my BUG PF9 sits in for the past year

#22 ·
I have a #11ART RFT (lower cut, reinforced top) one for my full size M&P45. It is great. I also have the dual mag holder which is also great. And before I sold our two Kel-Tec PF9's we had Remoras for those as well. My brother-in-laws moved to it from the traditional belt holsters and have not gone back. I need to order another one for my wife's new gun (S&W Sigma SW9F) as soon as I can.

#27 ·
I've seen both, but I just can't get passed the complete lack of aesthetics on these holsters. To me they're just ugly.
They are not visible to anyone as they are completely inside your waistband. So to twist Tina Turner's song - "What's LOOK got to do with it?" :pat:

#30 ·
Everyone happy? Sticky? Remora? As the old lady once said on TV---"where's the beef?" I am an anti belt anything hanging on my person, pants or in my pocket, sports pants, shorts kind of guy almost 24/7. When I asked about a possible solution this type of holster was mentioned---problem solved very admirably. Just for the heck of it ---recommendation was Remora--very good customer service backing up a very competent product.

#32 ·
I like Sticky much better...the fit and finish (stitching, edge material) is far superior vs. the equivalent Remora which to me seemed to be haphazardly sewn together, and they also stick better than the Remora, at least to my skin and clothes. Functionally, they're pretty much the same though, and I like both. The Sticky is better though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.