remora vs. stickyholster - Page 6

remora vs. stickyholster

This is a discussion on remora vs. stickyholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sendicott Any chance you can snap a couple of pics with the tuckable "in action"? I am considering the tuckable option but ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: remora vs. stickyholster

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sendicott View Post
    Any chance you can snap a couple of pics with the tuckable "in action"? I am considering the tuckable option but am concerned about the printing factor.

Thanks,

Steve E.
    Steve....first chance I get....will do......right now carrying in leather OWB..but when I get back home tonight will see...
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I found this review of the Sticky: Gear Review: Sticky Holsters | The Truth About Guns

"...Mike Christoff, Sticky’s owner and the brains behind their designs, is a Remora alum. To hear him tell it, he had a better idea for a tackier (in a good way) holster. When Remora nixed his idea, he struck out on his own."

The review is mostly about Sticky. I can't respond to the author's opinion that "[t]he Sticky holsters stay in place more comfortably and effectively over a full day of IWB (Inside-the-WaistBand) carry, even with something as humongous as a full-size 1911. I occasionally catch myself pushing a Remora back down. That just doesn’t happen with a Sticky."

I carry my Glock 30 in a Remora and haven't had an issue with having to "push" the Remora back down. I'm pretty active so when I work out, I switch to a belly band under my sweatpants. I wouldn't carry using the Remora unless I am wearing pants with a belt. I saw an ad the other day for a Sticky and was thinking of trying it out.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I have both for my G19 and 2 Remoras(RFT and the one with the clip) for my G26. I prefer the RFT version of the Remora as it allows for re-holstering with without taking the holster off and then putting it back like the Sticky recommends. They are both very comfortable as you can adjust to any cant angle or depth of concealment.

I have both for my LCR. The sticky is thinner and seems to be a different material the texture feels different. Both do the job. The sticky has a strap thing as well if you wish to use the same holster for able carry if that is of interest

just 'bout the action boss...

For me, the reinforced opening at the top of the holster makes the difference.

Sticky1.jpgSticky2.jpg

In jeans with a belt the Sticky does fine. In drawstring shorts it's not that great. The gun shifts around too much, and a few times fell out of my shorts. I really like it as a bedside holster. If something should wake me, where i have to grab for my gun. i would rather take that second getting it out of the holster, rather than grabbing half asleep and maybe having an accident.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

LOVE my Sticky holster! I carry appendix most of the time and this holster does its job well! Stays where it's supposed to with minimal shifting. A+

For anyone interested in a Remora, they have 30% off plus free mag holder with coupon code 30FM. The sale ends tonight at midnight. For $30 including shipping and full sweat shield I figured I'd give it a shot for my Kahr CM9.

The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I like my Sticky Holster. Remora wasn't available at the local range shop so I got Sticky to run with

I just purchased a G26 and the man at the store highly recommended the Sticky. He was carrying a mid-size pistol (I don't remember which one) in on with a tucked in polo shirt. It was very well concealed and he said he wears it all day every day. I had been planning on getting a hybrid holster when I bought the G26, but the shop didn't have any. I was hesitant to buy the Sticky because I had my mind set on something more substantial. But after thinking more about his recommendation and the reviews I have read on the internet I have decided to go back and pick one up. I did go ahead and order a Foxx hybrid as well. Both are pretty inexpensive and have gotten good reviews. I figure I'll try them both and see which I like better. If the sticky works as advertised, it will probably be my go to holster as I like the simplicity of it. But if I don't find it as secure as I want, then I'll have the Foxx. I've been carrying a G19 in the same Desantis OWB for over 20 years, so I tend to find something and stick with it. I think I could draw my G19 in my sleep I have used it so much, but I want something more concealable now.

I chose Sticky over Remora for I also read they where better than the Remora. I ordered mine through Amazon.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links