Remora Holsters - I've been converted

This is a discussion on Remora Holsters - I've been converted within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got mine last week and agree with Rollo. I screwed up in the ordering and ordered a Reinforced top with the FS option. It ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Remora Holsters - I've been converted

I got mine last week and agree with Rollo.

I screwed up in the ordering and ordered a Reinforced top with the FS option. It turned out that they don't come that way so Remora (Alan) sent me the FS model for my PM9 and threw in a Magazine holder to make up the difference in price. I have been wearing it since I got it and just love it. To me the most amazing thing is how well it works even with a pair of sweat pants on. It stays i place even when jumping or running. I was skeptical about whether or not it would work, but I am a believer now too.

The only negative comment I have about the FS model I received is that I find I can't easily get a good grip on the gun with the full Sweat shield and I can't reholster with one hand, though that does not bother me as much. Alan said he would gladly exchange the FS for the reinforced model. I think with the lower top on the reinforced model, I will have an easier time wrapping my hand around the grip. As others have also said the holster is very slim and concealable

By the way, I have never liked IWB magazine carriers because they tend to poke me in the ribs. The Remora mag carrier is the most comfortable mag carrier I have worn.
    accessbob likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    I am about to order one but debating the sweatshield option / SS / did you get that with yours if so how do you like it ?
    I did not get the sweat shield.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Do they make them with a belt clip?
    LoveLeather likes this.

I have been carrying a Gen4 G26 in a Remora for several months now.
    Love it.
    However, I recently purchased a White Hat MaxTuck jet black horsehide.
    When paired with my Wilderness 5 stich belt, there is a bit more stability and concealability.
    Plus reholstering is much easier.
    Not giving up on the Remora. It is the best for a grab and go. Quick trip to the store, etc.
    And in the warmer months, it is a dream.

I'll chime in... I ordered one got it a couple weeks ago and have been using it exclusively. I'm very happy with it. And I can't see myself using any other for daily life. I'm carrying a FS M&P 9mm with a model 11, reinforced top and no sweat shield.

It's sooo easy for grab and go. I can't carry at work, so it's easy to grab it and take it with me, then when I get to work to just pop it out and lock it in the car. Then when work is over to pop it back in. Plus.. when I drive, I take my gun out, and tuk it under my right thigh. Can't do that safely with my 'no external safety' pistol when wearing a traditional hoster. But I can with my remora.

I also tried it in a pair of my pajama lounge pants with no other support. It held, but I did feel better after I tied the string down a bit. You do need some sort of tension to make it really work. But it did hold in the lounge pants only while I got my coffee, went and got the paper, and walked around the house for the first couple hours.

I think for the money... every gun owner who carries needs to get one of these. They're so ridiculously cheap, and they arrive fast. I got mine in 6 days. And when I thought there was a problem with shipping and I emailed them with a question, Alan, the owner, emailed my right back. There was no problem, and I got my holster in 6 days. Pretty good in my book.

placed my order last nite and it shipped this morning..CANT BEAT THAT

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff View Post
    placed my order last nite and it shipped this morning..CANT BEAT THAT
    Just so you're not disappointed...Alan ships the holster on Monday for any order placed after 5pm eastern Thursday...check out their website.

I ordered one, had some fitment issues with my beretta nano which caused the holster to occasionally come out with the pistol...that pistol is new to the market, so its understandable. I sent a bunch of pictures to Alan of the issues, how the pistol fit in the holster, etc. and he is customizing one for me and dropping it in the mail Monday...no charge.

You can't ask for anything better from a $25-30 product...absolutely stellar company and product.

I like the product so much, i even bought a few for some of my CC employees at work.
    accessbob likes this.

+1 for the 6FS & G26

forweb_DSC_4007.jpg

I received my Remora last week and was very impressed with it. My only issue with it is that I can't get all my fingers around the grip when I draw. I can only get my last two fingers on the grip because the holster material is to high above the trigger guard. This is my fault not Remora's as I didn't notice when I ordered that I should have selected the "ART" model which is cut 1/2 inch lower to provide a better grip. I have emailed them and asked about an exchange. From everything I have heard about them I don't think it will be an issue.

I ordered on last week for my XD Subcompact. It shipped yesterday and should get it on Thursday. Can't wait to try it out. If it is as expected I will be ordering on for my wife's Glock 26 as well.

I'm a little confused by all the Remora love floating around. I have had 2 versions for well over a year now and am happy with them in a limited role. Neither could ever replace my primary IWB or OWB models. They are great for quick conceal with minimal fuss but I have had them fall completely down my pants without a sturdy belt. They are not the easiest to draw form either and I practice continually. The one for my Sig P230 is well concealed but only adequate for actual self defense situations (ease of access/ability to draw under duress). The other for my Commander 1911 (primary carry) is not even close to the Brigade holster I use as a primary carry option. I will use them in a 'just run up to the store' situation but that is it.
    ironmike86 likes this.

gadio4533. I agree. I could use one all day fine. But quick trips in sweats ect they are good. But I like my better leather Iwb holsters. But for the price these are good holsers. Some ppl spend all there $$ on the gun and buy the cheap nylon holsters with the plastic clip. The Remora would be far a superior choice ime.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Does anyone carry a Colt Combat Commander in one of these? I'm very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Does anyone carry a Colt Combat Commander in one of these? I'm very interested.
    I have a Springfield Ultra Compact (similar size?) in a 12B with full sweat shield. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    Do they make them with a belt clip?
    Yes, I just asked them about this.
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links