Remora Holsters - I've been converted

This is a discussion on Remora Holsters - I've been converted within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After having been a hybrid holster guy for the past few years I have officially joined the Remora club! This thing is amazing! I never ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Remora Holsters - I've been converted

After having been a hybrid holster guy for the past few years I have officially joined the Remora club! This thing is amazing! I never thought I would find a holster as comfortable as, much less MORE comfortable then a hybrid. My hybrid was comfortable but I never got to the point where I didn't actually feel it. The Remora has a much smaller over all footprint and I really do not feel it after wearing it for a few mins. It's infinitely adjustable. It's much easier to get on and off. I don't have to cinch my belt up tight and it still holds my gun securely and in place. It conceals every bit as well as the hybrids I have tried. Overall I think this might be the best gun related 25 bucks I have ever spent!
    ironmike86, Bark'n and accessbob like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo - I thought you wore your shirts tucked?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Rollo - I thought you wore your shirts tucked?
    Nope. The only time I wear a shirt tucked in is at work and I don't carry then. When off work my shirts are always un-tucked.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

los
    Hello, Rollo.

I may have missed it, but which Piece are you carrying with the Remora,..and at what position..?

Thanks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Hello, Rollo.

I may have missed it, but which Piece are you carrying with the Remora,..and at what position..?

Thanks.
    Glock 26 at 3:30

los
    Cool beans.

Have you tried it at Appendix or Crossdraw position? Contemplating getting one for my AMT BU45 and/or G30.

Also, how much thickness does the Remora add to your G26?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

U can carry in any position with the Remora. Is very thin also. Works well for my G27. Buy on if you don't like it they will take it back . Best $30 u can spend

Cool beans.

Have you tried it at Appendix or Crossdraw position? Contemplating getting one for my AMT BU45 and/or G30.

I appendix carry my M&P9c with the Remora and it is very comfortable.

Doc

I'm glad my thread I posted the other day didn't scare you away. I'm really digging the Remora too!
    accessbob likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Dang, another great review of the Remora. I have got to get one of these.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Cool beans.

I havent tried it any position other then 3:30. It's kind of the sweet spot for me so I don't deviate much. I wouldn't say that it adds any more thickness (probably less honestly) then my crossbreed or thesis. Less for sure if you take into account the lack of clips. I would say this. For around 30 bucks shipped it's not a big investment so even if you get it and don't like it I'm sure you could resell it in the buy/sell forum for 20ish and not be out much.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    What is also nice about its versatility is the fact that you can "adjust" its location and cant when you are sitting in your car with your seat belt on so that your firearm is within easy reach, not "hung up" on a belt, but still concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    After having been a hybrid holster guy for the past few years I have officially joined the Remora club! This thing is amazing! I never thought I would find a holster as comfortable as, much less MORE comfortable then a hybrid. My hybrid was comfortable but I never got to the point where I didn't actually feel it. The Remora has a much smaller over all footprint and I really do not feel it after wearing it for a few mins. It's infinitely adjustable. It's much easier to get on and off. I don't have to cinch my belt up tight and it still holds my gun securely and in place. It conceals every bit as well as the hybrids I have tried. Overall I think this might be the best gun related 25 bucks I have ever spent!
    I am about to order one but debating the sweatshield option / SS / did you get that with yours if so how do you like it ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

In another Remora thread I posted this review of the Remora:

I received my Remora #10 yesterday for my Glock 23. After work, I put on some sweat pants and stuck my G23 and Remora against my hip at 3:00. The Remora stayed there without having to cinch the drawstring of my sweats up tight. I wore it while sitting, stooping down to pick up something off the floor, and just walking around the house. The Remora didn't move. If your pants fit loose, it sticks in place better if placed against your skin. This morning on my way to work, I made a couple of stops and it stayed in place and was the most comfortable holster I have worn. In the summer I usually carry my LCP because my G23 would weigh my shorts down too much. With this holster I foresee being able to carry my Glock while wearing shorts without a belt and not having it drag my shorts down. The retention of this holster is at least as good as my Crossbreed Supertuck if not better. Another nice thing about this holster is that it can be used for other manufacturers pistols of the same size. Typical kydex holsters are molded to one pistol model. While the Remora holster is loose enough internally to accomodate more than one model, the internal surface is just grippy enough to give good weapon retention while still allowing for a smooth draw. I have been wanting to try AIWB carry but all of my other holsters are not comfortable in this position. With the Remora, I am able to place it anywhere and it stays in place and is comfortable. I am very pleased with this holster. If this had been the first holster I bought I would have saved myself a lot of money.
    I have been wearing the Remora for a couple of days now and have started leaving my LCP .380 at home and carrying my Glock 23 in the Remora exclusively. I tried the Remora appendix carry and just couldn't get used to my pistol pointing at my junk so I'm trying it out at 3:00 and SOB now. This holster is soooo comfortable anywhere I place it.
    accessbob likes this.

What is up with these Remora holsters? I keep hearing about them but am yet to try one.

-------------------
    "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop! " ~Bob Mayne
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links