Ruger SR series and hybrid holsters

This is a discussion on Ruger SR series and hybrid holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Ruger SR40c which will be my EDC once I put a few 100 Rounds down range to check reliability. My question ...

Thread: Ruger SR series and hybrid holsters

Ruger SR series and hybrid holsters

I just bought a Ruger SR40c which will be my EDC once I put a few 100 Rounds down range to check reliability. My question is, with a kydex holster does the loaded chamber indicator cause any problems being up while re-holstering?(does it catch on the edge of the holster?) I plan to use a hybrid style holster.

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully your sights stick up higher then the indicator...holsters should have a "sight channel" built in so the sights clear and therefore the indicator should also clear.

Duh!! I never even thought about that! I feel dumb now. Thanks for the reply to a dumb question.

I carry a SR9c in a SHTF hybred holster, no problems very confortable

Quote Originally Posted by Afflicted View Post
    Duh!! I never even thought about that! I feel dumb now. Thanks for the reply to a dumb question.
    HaHa don't feel bad I'm not sure the sights stick up higher then the indicator...i assume they do but I've heard people complain about the loaded chamber indicators sticking up in the sight path...I assumed they were just *****'in but you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    HaHa don't feel bad I'm not sure the sights stick up higher then the indicator...i assume they do but I've heard people complain about the loaded chamber indicators sticking up in the sight path...I assumed they were just *****'in but you never know!
    That was actually one of my biggest concerns with the gun, but it really is a non issue. You can't see it when you aim.

Sponsor
    That is a valid question! It does indeed require a full length sight channel! I think you would really enjoy one of my holsters. You can check it out at SHTF Gear LLC. I have a lot of options for Rugers.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your holster Steve!

Thanks,
    Clay

I just double checked my SR. If the front sight will clear, the indicator will be no problem whatsoever.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

I bumped my LCI when reholstering my SR9c. I went ahead and filed it down a few millimeters (just enough to almost remove the "loaded when up" letters). Quite easy to do with a dremel.

I believe it is Galloway that now makes replacements for the LCI, they fill the slot in the slide but stay flush (don't ever stick up, loaded or unloaded).

Quote Originally Posted by danfive555 View Post
    I bumped my LCI when reholstering my SR9c. I went ahead and filed it down a few millimeters (just enough to almost remove the "loaded when up" letters). Quite easy to do with a dremel.

I believe it is Galloway that now makes replacements for the LCI, they fill the slot in the slide but stay flush (don't ever stick up, loaded or unloaded).
    I've seen (heard of) people shaving down the LCI on their SR's, but heard of them taking it out, and shaving from the bottom side, lowering the profile of it, but not affecting the red sides, or the letters on top.

Links