Holster choices for S&W Sigma .SW40VE W/ Crimson trace

This is a discussion on Holster choices for S&W Sigma .SW40VE W/ Crimson trace within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for some holster suggestions. I did recently install the Crimson Trace Laser Grip which has cut my choices down quite abit Anyone carry this ...

Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MNBurl

Thread: Holster choices for S&W Sigma .SW40VE W/ Crimson trace

  1. #1
    Member Array marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40

    Holster choices for S&W Sigma .SW40VE W/ Crimson trace

    Looking for some holster suggestions. I did recently install the Crimson Trace Laser Grip which has cut my choices down quite abit
    Anyone carry this gun on a Reg. basis? thanks

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array hogdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    N/E Florida
    Posts
    3,271
    I Don't think they make CT grips for a sigma, Unless their slip on's , Not sure ; ) PS They sell a rail adapter to hold a laser.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE


    IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

  4. #3
    Member Array marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    I Don't think they make CT grips for a sigma, Unless their slip on's , Not sure ; ) PS They sell a rail adapter to hold a laser.
    H/D
    they do, its part# LG-406 I bought and installed in November 2011

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array MNBurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,022
    I make holsters for the 9/40VE with the CT Laserguard. Check out my site.
    marko54 and JerryMac like this.
    MNBurl

    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

  6. #5
    Member Array marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    I make holsters for the 9/40VE with the CT Laserguard. Check out my site.
    Thanks, i just looked at your link.

  7. #6
    New Member Array MisterFleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Looking for some holster suggestions. I did recently install the Crimson Trace Laser Grip which has cut my choices down quite abit
    Anyone carry this gun on a Reg. basis? thanks
    Same here, last year I bought a Sigma .40VE and added Crimson Trace Laser Grips to it. I could not find anything holster for the weapon that I liked in stores or online so I had a local leatherworker make mine for $95. It is a cross draw holster.

    I can't say that I am very happy with the results. If I wear the holster anywhere near my belt buckle the weapon digs into my leg when I sit. If I slide the holster all the way over to the 3 o'clock position it is comfortable to sit with but imprints. Do any of you experienced people here have a solution where I can keep carrying my handgun without it being uncomfortable or imprinting?

  8. #7
    Member Array MitchellB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Old North State of Carolina
    Posts
    43
    I got a 9VE but I do not have a laser. Most of the time I carry mine in a homemade plastic IWB holster at 4:00. Kydex is pretty easy to mold with a heat gun or pre-heating in an oven to make a custom holster for yourself. A lot of videos online you can google that can guide you.

  9. #8
    Member Array marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFleas View Post
    Same here, last year I bought a Sigma .40VE and added Crimson Trace Laser Grips to it. I could not find anything holster for the weapon that I liked in stores or online so I had a local leatherworker make mine for $95. It is a cross draw holster.

    I can't say that I am very happy with the results. If I wear the holster anywhere near my belt buckle the weapon digs into my leg when I sit. If I slide the holster all the way over to the 3 o'clock position it is comfortable to sit with but imprints. Do any of you experienced people here have a solution where I can keep carrying my handgun without it being uncomfortable or imprinting?

    Yea, i'm having a hard time locating a Nano locally in my area. Once i can get one, i plan on using the Sigma strictly for in the home protection and only carrying the Nano. Really dont want to keep buying holsters for the sigma.

  10. #9
    New Member Array MisterFleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellB View Post
    I got a 9VE but I do not have a laser. Most of the time I carry mine in a homemade plastic IWB holster at 4:00. Kydex is pretty easy to mold with a heat gun or pre-heating in an oven to make a custom holster for yourself. A lot of videos online you can google that can guide you.
    How is that working out for you?

    And what kind of style of holster is it?(OWB, IWB, etc.)

  11. #10
    Member Array MitchellB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Old North State of Carolina
    Posts
    43
    My homemade plastic holster is working out fine. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but considering it is an IWB concealed weapon holster ain't no one going to see it but me and maybe the bad guy who might get flashed by it if SHF. Best part is, it did not cost me anything but time. I cut it from material I recycled that I had laying around. I have been considering making a hybrid leather/plastic holster if I can scrounge up a large enough piece of leather for it someday. One of the things I like about using plastic or Kydex is the stiffness and moisture barrier between gun and skin. I’m sure the hybrid holster would be a little more comfortable (flexible leather), but I sweat a lot in summer, so that could be a problem I don’t have with an all plastic holster. I usually wear mine at 4:00 just behind my right hand pants pocket, so I can access my pocket without interference. With my simple IWB fold over plastic/kydex holsters I use, I can carry in a couple different ways. Traditional IWB under pants or sometimes I carry between belt and outside pants for a little more comfort, but it’s less concealable. That is usually not a problem with my smaller PF9, but the larger guns can sometimes peak out under a shirt or coat.

  12. #11
    New Member Array MisterFleas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellB View Post
    My homemade plastic holster is working out fine. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but considering it is an IWB concealed weapon holster ain't no one going to see it but me and maybe the bad guy who might get flashed by it if SHF. Best part is, it did not cost me anything but time. I cut it from material I recycled that I had laying around. I have been considering making a hybrid leather/plastic holster if I can scrounge up a large enough piece of leather for it someday. One of the things I like about using plastic or Kydex is the stiffness and moisture barrier between gun and skin. Iím sure the hybrid holster would be a little more comfortable (flexible leather), but I sweat a lot in summer, so that could be a problem I donít have with an all plastic holster. I usually wear mine at 4:00 just behind my right hand pants pocket, so I can access my pocket without interference. With my simple IWB fold over plastic/kydex holsters I use, I can carry in a couple different ways. Traditional IWB under pants or sometimes I carry between belt and outside pants for a little more comfort, but itís less concealable. That is usually not a problem with my smaller PF9, but the larger guns can sometimes peak out under a shirt or coat.
    Okay, thanks for your responses. I will have to try making one when I get the chance!

    One more question though: Is it comfortable to wear it like this if you sit down?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best holster for sw40ve
,
holster for s&w sw40ve
,
holster for sw40ve
,
s&w sigma 40 with laser plastic holster
,

s&w sigma sw40ve holster

,
sigma sw40ve accessories
,
smith and wesson sigma sw40ve holster
,
smith and wesson sw40ve accessories
,

smith and wesson sw40ve holster

,
sw40ve accessories
,

sw40ve holster

,
sw40ve laser
Click on a term to search for related topics.