Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c - Page 2

Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c

This is a discussion on Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To DocPMD: Do you use the Public Secret with the belt loops or clip? To bdcheung and Doc PMD: Do you find leather holsters to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c

To DocPMD: Do you use the Public Secret with the belt loops or clip?

To bdcheung and Doc PMD: Do you find leather holsters to be thin enough for AIWB carry? I had read somewhere that for AIWB the thickness of the holster material should be as thin as possible. OTOH, both of those holsters look great.

Bill

Bill
    NRA Life Member

The longer a AIWB holster is, the better they ride. If your not short waisted, then order your appendix holster for the bigger model even though you are going to carry a compact in it. The gun tips out over the belt and prints like crap when there is not enough slide length down your pants.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I've got the one with the clip. I like it a lot. As to whether or not it's too thick, not sure how to answer that one. I don't really think that it would be much more comfortable if it were thinner, but who knows?

Doc

For a while I carried an M&P .45 4" AIWB in a Cane & Derby Pardus holster. I got rid of the M&P, not because it didn't carry well, but because it would just not point right for me. I still carry an FNP-9 or a Ruger P345 which both fit the same holster as the M&P.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Thanks to everyone who pitched in with their advice and pics. I greatly appreciate it. I spent a looongggg night last night reading all 46 pages of the AIWB thread on the "other" forum; it was most informative as well. Now to the fun stuff...

I picked up a brand spankin' new M&P 9c w/night sights for $455 plus tax and background check fee (came up to $498) at a place called Streicher's in Butler, WI, just on the NW side of Milwaukee. They cater to LE mostly but sell to the public also except for some restricted items. They do have a few stores located around the country. Great prices on a bunch of stuff, great website, and, at least at the place I went to, great helpful knowledgeable staff. I get to pick it up on Monday (we have the 3 day "cool off" period up here). It even came with 3 mags, 2 with the pinkie rest and one flat baseplate. I'm pretty stoked right now.

I have decided to go with AIWB for the 9c, just have to decide on which holster it's gonna be.

Bill
    NRA Life Member

Just be careful. AIWB is not something to **** around with.

You're very right on that, bd. There will be plenty of empty gun reholstering drills for me in the future. Also, the phrase "slow is fast" vs. fast is dead comes to mind.

Bill
    NRA Life Member

When possible, I prefer AIWB. I have not tried this yet, but for 20 bucks, it's next on my list.

Here's the link VanGuard Holster System

Several good reviews.

Have you read this piece?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Have you read this piece?
    Thanks for that link - I haven't seen that particular thread.

Doc

In case anyone is wondering, I believe that this is the 46 page appendix carry article that was referenced above. It has some good holster info, too.

There is also good appendix info on Gabe Suarez' forum.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links