Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c

This is a discussion on Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if anybody out there is/has tried carrying AIWB with a M&P 9c. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c

Anybody doing AIWB with M&P 9c

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if anybody out there is/has tried carrying AIWB with a M&P 9c. I know the M&P platform is not as slim as some of the single stack 9mm's out there, but would that extra 0.2" make that big of a difference? I'm considering this as I like the feel of the M&P's, already own a FS M&P 40. Also, after having read a bunch of info on Walther and Kahrtalk forums, I'm a little leery about picking one of those up.

If the the answer is yes, what holster(s) are you using. Thanks.

Bill
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Ruger SR9c AIWB every day, and it's almost the identical dimensions. The grip may be a little slimmer than the M&P, but you should be able to do it. I know people who appendix carry 5" 1911's and Glock 17's. Finding the right holster is the trick, and it's different for every person.
    tmoore912 likes this.

I carry AIWB with my 9c. I've used the Dale Fricke Joab, and am currently (as I write this) wearing the Raven Concealment Systems (RCS) Appendix Carry Rig (ACR). that was a mouthful. Both holsters work well. I prefer the ACR since I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'10", 145-150lbs).

Here's a photo of me in just a plain white t-shirt with the Raven ACR:
    photo.JPG

I currently carry a Full Size M&P .40 IWB anywhere from 2:30-6 o'clock. As for a AWIB, i sometimes carry my Beretta PX4 SC .40. I got a little cheap nylon and minor padded holster i found online for $20, it kinda looks like an airsoft holster ud find at wally world. It works like a charm and is comfortable, even has a built in mag pouch. And the beretta is thicker than my M&P. Hope this helps.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    I carry the very pistol you speak of, and posted (w/pics) in a thread about belts and carrying and suchI have no problem. very comfortable.I have fallen asleep on many a couch( Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinners be damned)
    and have been fine.
    Heres the thread.

How long does it take you to get sick of your carry setup?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Here are pictures of me carrying the M&P 40c - a gun of the same dimensions as the 9c - from a similar thread. I consider the Remora holster a definite future possibility. Hope this helps.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I carry a Glock 23 (similar dimensions) AIWB in a High Noon "Mr. Softy" quite comfortably.

Distinguished Member
    Above, I posted a couple of my favorites. The interesting thing about the AKJ is the single loop on the topside of the gun/holster - along the sight line - that pulls the butt of the gun into the waist for less grip printing and better concealment.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

There are tons of guys carrying M&P FS and C models appendix. It works well as a EDC with a specifically built holster for appendix carry and a good gun belt.

Some holsters I like and use are:
    Dale Fricke Archangels. They are the easiest to get right now. (I have 3 of them).

CCC Shaggy. Arguably the best AIWB holster made. (I have 1) Very hard to get. He has stopped taking orders, because he is slammed.

Cane & Derby Pardus Appendix holster. (I have 1) These are also hard to get right now, because they are slammed.

There are several leather makers that make specific appendix holsters, but I don't have any.

For a no BS discussion about Appendix Carry, go read this thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Half the guys on that site appendix carry, and half of them carry FS M&Ps.

Last edited by tmoore912; January 26th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

JRC Holsters also makes a good AIWB rig: Inside The Waistband (scroll to the very bottom)
    tmoore912 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if anybody out there is/has tried carrying AIWB with a M&P 9c. I know the M&P platform is not as slim as some of the single stack 9mm's out there, but would that extra 0.2" make that big of a difference? I'm considering this as I like the feel of the M&P's, already own a FS M&P 40. Also, after having read a bunch of info on Walther and Kahrtalk forums, I'm a little leery about picking one of those up.

If the the answer is yes, what holster(s) are you using. Thanks.

Bill
    I use either a Remora or a High Noon Public Secret and AIWB is the most comfortable position for me with my M&P9c.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    JRC Holsters also makes a good AIWB rig: Inside The Waistband (scroll to the very bottom)
    I completely agree. I like that rig he makes.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Wow, thanks for all the positive responses. Especially on the holster recommendations and pics, which are worth a thousand words. Us CCW newbies need all the help we can get. This is exactly why I joined this forum.
    NRA Life Member

I don't have an M&P 9c, but I do carry a 4" M&P .45 AIWB with an Archangel holster, by Dale Fricke.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I carry a much thicker than M&P9c, Sig P229 AIWB quite a bit in a Garrett Industries Slim. Your Smith should work just fine in a quality rig and belt in that position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links