calco king tuk for glock 19

This is a discussion on calco king tuk for glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at getting a new iwb holster, and I thought I'd ask if anyone had experience with the galco king tuk for glocks. from ...

I'm looking at getting a new iwb holster, and I thought I'd ask if anyone had experience with the galco king tuk for glocks. from what I've seen I like it but I thought someone on here might have some more detailed experience with it than the short reviews I see on the store websites.

A friend works at Cabelas, has a couple and recommends them highly. Glock 23 I think, and others, sold one to another friend for an XDm. He's trying to convince me but it's not my style until I lose the love handles.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Just bought one for my Kimber Pro Raptor (& my 2 full size Colt 1911's).

I Had been carrying my 1911's in a Crossbreed Super Tuck for I guess over 4 maybe 5 Years. Last week I discoverd a crack in the kydex part running about halfway down the holster.I know mail back to Crossbreed & have 'em fix it ,well maybe.

Anyway Cabela's had Galcos King Tuc in stock & 3 days after ordering it I had it!

Wore it out to dinner & errands for the first time last night very very comfortable. To be honest I think it may be better made than the crossbreed,the leather part is thicker but not at all stiff the kydex part fits the gun better.

Not bashing Crossbreed its a great holster that gave me years of hard service, however the King tuk I think is just a little better.
    Time will tell.
    Can't say about Glocks but for my 1911's this type of hybryd holster is comfy & conceals very well.

You can also look into WhiteHatHolsters, they make some fine IWB holsters, thats what I have and been using to carry both my Gen4 G23 and Gen3 G27 very very comfortable, then if you want an all leather hybird style holster there is the American Holster Company that makes a very nice looking holster, I have one on order and cant wait for it to get done.... plus the prices on both are very reasonable.... there are lots of options out there thats for sure...

I have one for my XD9sc, which in terms of the overall shape is basically the same. I like mine, I liked the price compared to a super tuck and that's why I went with it initially. After wearing it a couple weeks the leather will break in nicely to hug your "shape" more so than when it's brand new and it's very comfortable overall. Only complaint I have is that the slide tends to dig into my side especially when driving and wearing it at about 3:30. I've pretty much eliminated it by wearing a tank or tagless-T underneath my t-shirt and tucking it in so the holster is against the shirt rather than my skin. I also have mine canted as far forward as it allows, and the clips don't rotate at all so it made my belt look weird for a while while it was breaking in, and while the belt was breaking in also. It seems that it's gotten better after everything loosened up.

I have one for my xdsc. And it seems to be the most comfortable holster out of all the ones I have. The only gripe I have is that the slide catch snags on the leather part and tore a little bit. But im going to trim a little away from that area hoping to aleviate that problem. I got mine on sale for $41.99 at my lgs.

thanks for the replies. After talking to one of the staff members I know at the range I go to, I ended up getting a Galco kydex holster because it is more comfortable for a bigger guy like me, and it is easier to slide to a different part of my belt when I am in the car (I drive a 2011 camaro and leaving it in the 4 o'clock position where I carry it is not even close to comfortable in a sports car).
    Last edited by archie72490; February 7th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

RKM
    I carry my G30SF and my G19 in Galco King Tuk's. I don't have any experience with the more expensive version of this type of holster, but I'll say I'm very happy with the Galco's. I've only had them for a few months but they've been great so far.

Links