Galco Miami vs El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster

This is a discussion on Galco Miami vs El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I am looking for a shoulder holster in the $150 price range for my Colt Defender .45 ACP. Both Galco Miami classic and EL ...

Thread: Galco Miami vs El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster

Galco Miami vs El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster

Hello, I am looking for a shoulder holster in the $150 price range for my Colt Defender .45 ACP. Both Galco Miami classic and EL Paso Saddlery fit into that price range. Reading here I know the Galco is a good holster, not the best out there but the best in my price range. From what I understand.

What I don't know is how do people like the El Paso shoulder holsters? Something like this one #200 Shoulder System - Complete Rig
    Of the two what is the better made and better fitting holster? Thanks for any help! Jared

2. Remove Ads

Anyone here ever seen a El Paso Saddlery shoulder holster in person?

GM
    I do not know the Galco Miami Classic or the El Paso #200 Shoulder System, but I have an El Paso holster and the quality and finish are excellent. IMO Galco holsters cannot be compared to El Paso holsters.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I have a black Miami Classic II for a 3" 1911. Love it the leather is very nice and the fit is good. It was a pain to get the adjustments right but I had my shooting buddy help me fit it. No Print! I can wear all day, It is a good holster set up. You get what you pay for. There are some nice custom leather shops out there that make better ones. But I think Galco got it right. $143.00 shipped. There may be some used one out there. Maybe ebay or gun shows.

I occasionally wear my Galco Miami for my M&P 9 when dress (jacket) requires it. Being a lefty I found it easy to reverse the rig in just a few minutes time for a left handed draw but as mentioned previously it took quite some time to find that 'sweet spot' for the fit adjustment.
    Regards,
    OldGringo
    Thin Blue Line - LEMC
    Victory Riders Association
    Patriot Guard Riders
    "Standing for those who stood for us"

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I own a MCII and prefer the flap-less, retention magazine carrier over the MC. I own IWB holsters from both companies and find them roughly at the same quality and price point. I have never ordered direct from El Paso Saddlery, but Galco ships very quickly and usually shows up at my door within the week.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Kramer Handgun Leather (old time maker--used by many high-profile professional organizations), makes a nice shoulder rig.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Links