Hybrid vs. Streamlined

This is a discussion on Hybrid vs. Streamlined within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm interested in a hybrid holster, but concerned the extra width (wings) is going to be an issue when sitting. It seems the front leather ...

Thread: Hybrid vs. Streamlined

Question Hybrid vs. Streamlined

I'm interested in a hybrid holster, but concerned the extra width (wings) is going to be an issue when sitting. It seems the front leather wings is going to dig into my leg or stomach when sitting. The MTAC clips look like they may dig into the leg too. Or maybe that is why the holster has to be positioned back far enough (4:00 position).

The other consideration is the Blade-Tech Nano; thinking no wing (streamlined) is more comfortable and not having the MTAC thickness from double backing

But I've heard too much praise for these hybrid holsters. It is said the wings spread the weight and relieve the pressure points.

Photos of the holsters while sitting showing where the wings and clips hit the body would be helfpful.

Jake

2. Remove Ads

I recently purchased the hybrid shown in the top photo.
    The wings, as you called them, did irritate the top of my thigh/hip initially because I sit or drive alot. Took about a week - no issues anymore, leather is broken in and very comfortable. The spread out clips keep the holster from pulling one spot down when I do alot of stairs - On the other hand, the spread out clips can be at odds with my cell phone belt clip when my gun is worn in the 3-3:30 position.

I have noticed somthing that my body or the holster has needed to adjust to on the initial use with each holster I have used. After a 4-5 days, I no longer 'feel' the differences that may have bugged me or have made adjustments with the holster positioning to solve the offending issue.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
    -Benjamin Franklin

I have a WhiteHatHolster company Hybird holster and I find it to be very comfortable I've had no issue with any type of discomfort at all with mine once I found the sweet spot, the clips dont bother me and nothing digs into my side and or legs, I cant say enough about these holsters as they are far more comfy than most ive worn thats for sure...

mrm
    I went with the blade tech, because I cant carry real far back cause of back troubles and the crossbreed was brutal when I had to far forward, the blade tech is great by the way at about 3-2:30 ish.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Links