Car modifications

This is a discussion on Car modifications within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 2002 Ford Explorer and I was thinking about modifying the center console, so that I can securely place a holster in it. ...

Thread: Car modifications

Car modifications

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer and I was thinking about modifying the center console, so that I can securely place a holster in it. I was just wondering if anyone has modified their car in any way to hide your weapon. If you have pictures that would be great. If you have any ideas for my car that would be even better. Thank you
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

Before I got rid of my XD I used the cheap 'holster' that it came with to do this. I don't have any pictures, but it was simple. I took a piece of 1.5" aluminum plate and cut it to length. I put the aluminum plate through the belt loops and used 4 3/16" rivets to attach it to the console. I unscrewed the console "insert" and did the work on my workbench. When I was done with the drilling/rivets I put it back into the car. Took me about 10 minutes.

It worked fairly well but to be honest I probably won't do this again. It didn't cost me anything since the holster I used was something that would have lived the rest of it's life in the original case and the other pieces I had laying around. I don't have any issues with just putting it in the console by itself. It's only there when the car is parked at a restricted place anyway. It goes back on my person when I get in the car.

this is a better idea

I bought a cheap nylon holster and made a simple bracket to mount inside the center console. Not sure how big the console is in an Explorer, but this works well in my Excursion.

I keep a Center of Mass safe under my seat with the cable looped around the seat bracket for when I'm at work or if I have to disarm for whatever reason, and it's out of sight and secure. On my drive into and home from work I usually have it in the center console, but I haven't thought of any good way to secure it...it just hangs out in a Remora holster, which also keeps it from moving around much at all with it's sticky properties. (I drive a 2001 Dodge Ram)

These magnets work good in a vehicle. My buddy has one and reholsters when he gets out, or right before.

Magnepac Concealment Holster

Links