Waist pack (cc) for cyclist

This is a discussion on Waist pack (cc) for cyclist within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, im a mountain biker and im looking for a waist pack to conceal my full size XDM. What can you recommend . Thanks....

Thread: Waist pack (cc) for cyclist

Waist pack (cc) for cyclist

Hi, im a mountain biker and im looking for a waist pack to conceal my full size XDM. What can you recommend . Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I like the Smartcarry for athletic activities. Not exactly a waist pack though. Smartcarry.com

JandD sells well made packs as well as panniers and other bike bags.

+1 for the Pistol Wear. I use it all the time when im in gym shorts, or anything without a proper belt. It works really well for bikers. I carry a PM9, so I dont really know how a full size XDM would ride while on a bike. It's a good way to carry for small frame guns, but might be cumbersome with a full size.

But... Be careful mountain biking with a gun. I dont know how hard you ride, but taking a spill can be pretty painful if you land on it the wrong way. Also, most parks / riding areas do not allow firearms, at least in my area. Mountain biking and showering are the two activities in which I am unarmed.

I bike a lot, not mountain biking but trail biking, and I carry one of two ways. 1)I carry a full size 1911 or a Beretta 92 in a "Tanker" shoulder holster and it is by far the best means of carry FOR ME. 2) I wear tight compression shorts and a good jock strap with a Don Hume IWB clip holster carrying the same guns. Both work well, but I prefer the "Tanker" holster.

Should I fall, the Tanker shoulder holster normally does not add to any painful falls unless I land on my chest or on my upper body (I've only fallen once so I am not an expert on that topic).

Check Maxpedition.com

You may want to check out Maxpedition.com. I have 3 of their bag/packs and they have a huge selection. The quality is top notch. Some of their shoulder bags also have waist straps. All have a cc pocket with velcro on the inside so you can place your gun in a position that suits you best with their trick little holster. Hope you find what you need. I usually carry when I ride also.

I just got me a TommysGunPack Elite and so far really like it.

Excellent craftsmanship, very sturdy (their website goes into great detail about the construction and materials) and they are made to order with color and size options. Gun is held by compression of the pack and comes out quickly.

I have the olive drab color and looks very low profile, not being too noticeable and blends in well with casual clothes.

Although my reason for getting this pack is my bad back, I think that one of these would be fine for biking.

Administrator
    You might want to google search Voodoo Tactical

They have this one for $29.00 - see if that one will work out for you. More pics on their website.

Links