Glock 26 IWB holster what should I get? - Page 2

Glock 26 IWB holster what should I get?

This is a discussion on Glock 26 IWB holster what should I get? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check out this website: www.n82tactical.com I ordered their professional version for my CM9 the other day and should be here first part of next week, ...

View Poll Results: You guys choose my IWB Glock 26 Gen4

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kholster

3 7.89%
  • White Hat MaxTuck

5 13.16%
  • Crossbreed

30 78.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 26 IWB holster what should I get?

Check out this website: www.n82tactical.com

I ordered their professional version for my CM9 the other day and should be here first part of next week, their holsters have pretty good reviews.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by WfatebB View Post
    I will throw Tommy Theis holsters in the mix - Same design, great quality and personal service
    Agreed. I have one for my 26 and 23, both in horsehide. Most excellent.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

VIP Member
    At the price point you are looking, the Kholster is the one to pick.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    So I'm needing a comfortable, consealable holster to carry my 4th Gen Glock 26. I carry at 4 oclock and I know the style of holster that I want. So I've narrowed it down to a few.
    Kholster:
    I like the fit… just don't like having to do my own combat cut. But priced well.

White Hat MaxTuck IWB Holster:
    Has it's own combat cut, I like the personalizeable Kydex that can also be changed out from my PX4 Compact and my Glock 26 4thGen.…just a little pricey.

Crossbreed Holster:
    Step up from Kholster in that I don't have to do my own combat cut, but also a little pricey.

What do you guys think?
    Pricey yes, but based on my experience with the crossbreed super and mini tuck, they are well worth the money. You do get what you pay for. They are the most comfortable holsters I have. I have a white hat on the way for a glock 23 and I expect it will be equally as comfortable.

Why ya'll want so much extra leather or kydex on your CCW holsters????

Dale Fricke Archangel

Designed as an appendix-iwb, but it works as a 4:00 as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    My gen 4 rides in a Brommeland Max Con. Very comfortable and concealable. Out of the ones you mentioned, all I have tried is the CBST. Nice holster. I also tried the MTAC, most love it, it was nice but I returned it. did not work out for me. Good luck
    Likewise. The Max Cons are the only holsters in my wardrobe, all riding on either a Wilderness Instructor or a Brommeland custom leather belt.

I have numerous IWB holsters that are mostly pretty comfortable. Of what you listed, I have the CBST and the KHolster. There is no difference in comfort. The CBST is a cleaner looking holster. I had to chop them both. The KHolster was chopped into a similar shape of a CBST. Not hard to do w/ a razor. Then you just need to file down the edges till they're smooth.

On the CBST I had to chop off some of the slide guard. It was too high and flapped over the back of the slide a little. I made it even with the back of the slide, now it is perfect. Again, just filed it down and used a black sharpie so that it is black again like the rest of the holster.

So it comes down to how much work do you want to do on a new holster vs cost. Your decision. Both will serve you well for their intended purposes.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I just bought myself -- well, ordered myself -- a Kydex IWB holster by PJ Holsters. Very minimal, very inexpensive, very durable, very concealable, and very customizable -- but at point of sale -- you need to customize it during the order... I got mine done "deep concealment" for my G26:
    cropped-deepiwb2.jpg
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Sponsor

Smile Tony from White Hat Holsters... my 2 Cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProton View Post
    Pricey yes, but based on my experience with the crossbreed super and mini tuck, they are well worth the money. You do get what you pay for. They are the most comfortable holsters I have. I have a white hat on the way for a glock 23 and I expect it will be equally as comfortable.
    Thanks for that. This is Tony from White Hat. Just had to chime in real quick here. first, thanks so much for considering us. I will point out that while price is a concern for most everyone, there are 2 things to consider with our holsters. Number one is that our entire holster rig is less expensive for our base models than nearly all of the others mentioned here so far. Second, we are also the only ones that have the ability to interchange the kydex shells for multiple weapons, so if you have more than one gun, a $20 piece of kydex is all you need to be able to carry a different weapon. With a base price of $60 for our cowhide holsters, you save exponentially each time you need to switch to a different weapon. So if you have 2 carry guns that you switch out seasonally, that $50 Kholster x2 is $100 vs. $60 holster + $20 kydex is $80 with us.

We realize that economy is important for everyone so that is why we designed it this way. Just something else to consider. All the names mentioned make quality products, and I am certainly not trying to say anything bad about any of them. I think you will be happy with anyone you choose, but just a little food for thought on the pricing. Hope that helps. If you have any specific questions I can help you with please call or email us any time. 817-381-2111 or Support@WhiteHatHoslters.com.

ONE MORE THING... J hooks and Velcro clips will be available on our website this week! Have a great day! :)

I will put a third chime in for the Brommeland Max Con V. It has been the most comfortable and concealable IBW holster I have ever had.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Likewise. The Max Cons are the only holsters in my wardrobe, all riding on either a Wilderness Instructor or a Brommeland custom leather belt.
    Likewise on the belts. Lately I've been using my Brommeland combat dress. There's just something about the complete system mag pouch and all. It rides very well. But my second belt is a wilderness as well.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

I use a crossbreed super tuck for my Glock 26 and I love it!
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

CBST
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

I carry my Glock 27 in a FIST 1A Kydex....very nice....very comfy......very affordable

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    So I'm needing a comfortable, consealable holster to carry my 4th Gen Glock 26. I carry at 4 oclock and I know the style of holster that I want. So I've narrowed it down to a few.
    Kholster:
    I like the fit… just don't like having to do my own combat cut. But priced well.

White Hat MaxTuck IWB Holster:
    Has it's own combat cut, I like the personalizeable Kydex that can also be changed out from my PX4 Compact and my Glock 26 4thGen.…just a little pricey.

Crossbreed Holster:
    Step up from Kholster in that I don't have to do my own combat cut, but also a little pricey.

What do you guys think?
    I vote for and will be ordering the White Hat MaxTuck cause its priced competitively and I like their efforts in making it work for multiple guns at a reasonable price (atleast 20% less). I think it would be less expensive if you went with the MaxTuck unless youre companring it with all the extras like the printed Kydex. Even then I think its still less for 2 guns even less for 3 and etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links