What is a good Tuckable holster - Page 2

What is a good Tuckable holster

This is a discussion on What is a good Tuckable holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cnova I know i am asking for alot. But i hope i come across something good. I have been on your website ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cnova View Post
    I know i am asking for alot. But i hope i come across something good.
    I have been on your website before and you make very nice holsters. I dont mind spending 50 to 65 for one. BUt a tuckable wont be my main holster.
    Listen to what Eric is telling you, he is a master at this. Even as a secondary holster, it still has to work or it's no good. Get one of Eric's and you can wear it as a regular IWB and it will work just fine that way also.

I've got one of Eric's tuckable COM 3 holsters for my 642. I was skeptical of tuckables but thought I'd give 'em a try.

Overall it's not my preferred method of carry as it slows down the draw but Eric's design works just fine and dandy as a regular iwb holster and that's how I normally wear it . More importantly, it's stable, secure and comfortable to wear for extended periods. I've got a review of it with pics on here somewhere but can't seem to locate it at the moment.

Eric's prices aren't what I'd consider high by any means. Actually, I think he's priced on the lower side of the "average range" in the custom leather market. Definitely worth the bucks too!
    Jack

I'm using a High Noon Holsters "Hidden Impact" tuckable for my Taurus PT111. I'm still using my pre-carry belt, which makes things a bit snug, until my new belt gets here. So far, it is fairly conforatble, and I don't think I've been "made" yet...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

I use the HighNoon Split Decison tuckable for my XD45 Service and one for a Springfield Ultra Comapct HC .45. Both carry well on me at the 2 o'clock position. I'm 6 foot, 200 lbs and a T-shirt tucked in covers it.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._decision.html.

I think the Hume 715-M for XD is the best bang for the buck out there with a price of 21.95 plus ship and pistolgear is great to deal with. I used it with my 40sc and now with my pt-145 and xd45 srvc. Some don't like clips, but during the summer I wear shorts with no belt and it's perfect. Very comfortable also. Here's some shots I took when it and the sc were new. Not a tuckable, but could be used with a belly band to make a nice tuckable.

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail...od=32DHD&cat=7

Last edited by saltysquid; September 3rd, 2006 at 11:08 AM.

I tried a Comp-tac for my P95, but the provided clips for the CTAC are not wide enough to fit my Wilderness Instructors belt.

Akers Buisnessman or Galco Skyops
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

My advice is to stay away from J-hook type belt clips, which place the gun's weight on the pants' fabric, not on the belt. The fabric tends to sag and pucker; very noticeable. The strength of the belt is only used to keep the holster in place during the draw.

Also, having only one clip mounted to the body of the holster makes for a thick package inside the waist, and can be pretty tough getting your fingers down between the holster and the clip to get the shirt properly tucked in there.

I prefer the holsters that have two clips set fore and aft of the holster body. In that case, the shirt snakes behind the first clip, in front of the holster, then behind the second clip for a much easier tucking in. I just ordered a C.T.A.C. model in Kydex from Comp-Tac (comptac.com). Similar models in leather are offered by kdholsters.com, jjheroldholsters.com, tuckergunleather.com and others.

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    My advice is to stay away from J-hook type belt clips, which place the gun's weight on the pants' fabric, not on the belt. The fabric tends to sag and pucker; very noticeable. The strength of the belt is only used to keep the holster in place during the draw.

Also, having only one clip mounted to the body of the holster makes for a thick package inside the waist, and can be pretty tough getting your fingers down between the holster and the clip to get the shirt properly tucked in there.

I prefer the holsters that have two clips set fore and aft of the holster body. In that case, the shirt snakes behind the first clip, in front of the holster, then behind the second clip for a much easier tucking in. I just ordered a C.T.A.C. model in Kydex from Comp-Tac (comptac.com). Similar models in leather are offered by kdholsters.com, jjheroldholsters.com, tuckergunleather.com and others.
    Some very good points there. And some of the things that a few people may not think about.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    I agree with jofrdo. A direct connection with the belt and holster will: give you alot more stability and comfort. Dont rely on any hook that takes the belt out of the equation. I had many J hook holsters that come out with the gun when drawn. This could create a very very bleek situation if you actually needed your gun.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I agree and and I am aware of the slower presentation of the weapon. But not many of us are in a "Red Alert" situation every day. If that was so I would not be counting on only a pistol. The "idea" of a tuckable is concealment. Look and act as if you have no worries and packing nothing. Blend in and be comfortable and haveing something with you at all times and under situations where a more casual mode of dress is out of place.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Animal, good point and agreed.... But, I must add that I have yet to find a place where my lime green bath robe and pink bunny slippers are "that out of place" yet!

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Animal, good point and agreed.... But, I must add that I have yet to find a place where my lime green bath robe and pink bunny slippers are "that out of place" yet!

Shoot well and god bless
    Ah,but the question is do you blend in with those around you? With me and a few others you'd have no worries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links