Winthrop or ubg ?

This is a discussion on Winthrop or ubg ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to try one of these for my xdsc. Isw plus a mag pouch input from anyone with experience with there holsters would b greatly ...

Thread: Winthrop or ubg ?

Winthrop or ubg ?

Looking to try one of these for my xdsc. Isw plus a mag pouch input from anyone with experience with there holsters would b greatly appreciated 1 best quality 2 best concealment 3 comfort. These are kind of the things I look at first. Thank you for any input on these two builders products.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    The wife and I have been very happy with our UBG products, holsters and mag carriers. Never heard of Winthrop, looking at some of his pictures, the holsters look ok...

I've got two UBG holsters and have been very satisfied with them.
    The reward for work well done is more work.

I'm using a White Hat IWB and quite happy with it, but was able to see Winthrop at a local gun show and was impressed with the workmanship of his holsters. They were really good looking , seemed comfortable and very well built.

2 for ubg 1 for Winthrop thanks for info guys keep it coming it is hard to find much feed back on these two brands makes for a hard decision don't Wana have to flip a coin :)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Missourian View Post
    2 for ubg 1 for Winthrop thanks for info guys keep it coming it is hard to find much feed back on these two brands makes for a hard decision don't Wana have to flip a coin :)
    There's TONS of happy UBG customers on this site...standby...

heard lot of good for ubg. I actually live 5 minutes from Winthrop but never cared to check them out. usually order a hays holster.

I just got a UGB for my new Glock 30. It's my first holster, but I do like it so far.

<-- Big fan of Nate's work at UBG....Highly recommended. He's my go-to for my leather holsters.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I checked out the UBG holster site and was pretty impressed with how the holsters are made, and how well they look I really like that IWB Stirker model and would like to get one but it looks like it would ride very very low ?? and the prices are very decent... does anyone know if the clips on that holster are removable ?? and or adjutable ?? I currently use a WhiteHatHolster IWB and love it, so very comfortable, but always been a fan of the all leather holsters, anyone have the striker model and some pics of it maybe of wearing it ???

Hearing alot of good comments for ubg sounds like everyone has been happy with them. So does anyone have any experience with Winthrop holster would like to hear some input on them also. Lots of good info so far thanks guys

Ok a couple questions for you ubg guys can't find a pic of his iwb mag pouch is it belt loop or clip? Also he doesn't so the ct. lazer for my gun is there a way a person could mold the holster a little after receiving it? Thank you for your help so far your comments are steering me toward ubg.

Links