UBG Becker pics - Page 2

UBG Becker pics

This is a discussion on UBG Becker pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the pics James. Nizachon I believe the sweat shield on revolvers are just small. You can see a slight difference on the back ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: UBG Becker pics

Thanks for the pics James.
    Nizachon I believe the sweat shield on revolvers are just small. You can see a slight difference on the back side. He even says that in his FAQ. Maybe the shield only covers the gun body and not the handle. Semi are logger in the body. Just guessing but I see this with different holster makers also. This helps me. Cus I do have a Highnoon Mr Softy thats straight. And more than once ppl say they like the straight better. I think the can't would need to be 5-10% for 4-8 oclock carry. Unless your a beast of a man. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Thanks for the pics James.
    Nizachon I believe the sweat shield on revolvers are just small. You can see a slight difference on the back side. He even says that in his FAQ. Maybe the shield only covers the gun body and not the handle. Semi are logger in the body. Just guessing but I see this with different holster makers also. This helps me. Cus I do have a Highnoon Mr Softy thats straight. And more than once ppl say they like the straight better. I think the can't would need to be 5-10% for 4-8 oclock carry. Unless your a beast of a man. Thanks
    Exactly! I love my High Noon Bare Asset (which is exactly the same as yours Mr Softy, but with 10 degrees forward cant.) If only it had a body shield for summer carry...

I carry mine about 4-5 o'clock. I do find it can shift a little (it will usually tilt toward 3 o'clock) from time to time while driving around, but it's not much of a problem. I will say with the vertical cant, it will occasionally pinch the cheek a little as I'm settling into the truck. The tilted cant might take care of this problem.

Also mike, I would most certainly not consider myself anywhere near being a beast of a man at 5'9" and 140 lbs.
    The reward for work well done is more work.

James.. you wear a belt?? I wouldn't think it would move with a belt?? The belt will make the gun snug. Now I'm not sure? I originally wanted the tilted one but then the body shield stick out??

Quote Originally Posted by nizachon View Post
    1. It is for Bersa Thunder 9 UC (.: Bersa Thunder Series :. Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro)
    2. 25 degrees of cant is "too much" because when placed at 3 - 5 o'clock (I am right-handed), the body shield will protrude too far forward away from your body resulting in very obvious printing. My low-30" waist is just too "shallow" :-)
    3. The holster is made of hard leather, so re-holstering is easy.
    4. I really hope that the straight version will work much better. Today I pulled the holster from the drawer, tried to position it as if it was no-cant and it felt MUCH better.

And the most important: Nate kindly agreed to exchange my holster (never used, but almost 1.5 years old) for a no-cant one, so hopefully I will be able to post a positive review some time soon!
    Very good to hear that he is going to exchange it for you, I have had nothing but good come out of my dealing with Nate.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

After wearing my Mr Softy all day I decided to order a simple Black straight Becker. Give it a try. I like the Mr Softy for the price. Fits well I just want to be able to reholtser my Glock. I need to take it out put the gun in the holster then put the holster on. Only way I feel safe with my gun in Condition 1. JME
    With Facebook code it's 15% off also

After wearing my Mr Softy all day I decided to order a simple Black straight Becker. Give it a try. I like the Mr Softy for the price. Fits well I just want to be able to reholtser my Glock. I need to take it out put the gun in the holster then put the holster on. Only way I feel safe with my gun in Condition 1. JME
    With Facebook code it's 15% off also
    You are required to take the holster off to put the gun on? Strange... My Bare Asset holds shape pretty well and allows re-holstering with one hand if needed. In return, I treat it with good care and respect

Quote Originally Posted by nizachon View Post
    You are required to take the holster off to put the gun on? Strange... My Bare Asset holds shape pretty well and allows re-holstering with one hand if needed. In return, I treat it with good care and respect
    My holster looks like new. What gun do you use? I use mine for a Glock 27. While in my pants it loses shape a little. I can put it in But in Condition one I would rather take the holster off put the gun in the clip it back on.I have a remora with reinforcement it goes in and out easily. This is why I want the becker. To re holster. Mr Softy works great when just ccw. I'm not taking it in and out. Just want something new. I would get another High Noon but I want black and I'm not paying $90 more for a black vs the natural.

My holster looks like new. What gun do you use? I use mine for a Glock 27. While in my pants it loses shape a little. I can put it in But in Condition one I would rather take the holster off put the gun in the clip it back on.I have a remora with reinforcement it goes in and out easily. This is why I want the becker. To re holster. Mr Softy works great when just ccw. I'm not taking it in and out. Just want something new. I would get another High Noon but I want black and I'm not paying $90 more for a black vs the natural.
    I use it for Bersa Thunder 9 UC, which is pretty close in size to G26/27. And yes, I was facing exactly the same dilemma with Down Under / Public Secret from High Noon! Just not ready to pay almost $200 for a black one...

^^ Yeah I see the gun you posted. Sometimes I don't look back or remember. At least he is exchanging it for you. Can't beat that. Now we both wait. I'm sure the natural Public secret would be good just I want black. The Public secret I like the screw and they put the guide in there. But the upgrade for black. Is alot. Because the process?? but I've never heard anyone complain about the Dye coming off on the Ubg. I can get a Holster and a belt or 2 holsters for that $$

Finally shipped today can wait

Holster is built pretty well. Not to fancy. Didn't want the frills. But I don't like the pinch mark.. Dunno what that is but not going to be seen anyway. Just for my Ugly CCW G27. I like it.

Received mine about an hour ago. Looks almost identical to yours, but righty. Put it on right away. Man, I am happy!!! And not to forget, Nate did not charge a dime for the alteration.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Can't beat that.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Nizachon, You probably noticed the difference in molding on the replacement holster. That's how finicky leather can be. I won't say which suppliers were which, but the difference you see is the difference in leather from one to the next, both USA suppliers. I like the new one, it molds like a champ.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links