Wife's new holster, help from the ladies

This is a discussion on Wife's new holster, help from the ladies within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have been trying to find the right holster for my Wife. Tried and ankle holster, didn't work, way to big. She just got her ...

We have been trying to find the right holster for my Wife. Tried and ankle holster, didn't work, way to big. She just got her flashbang holster today and it doesn't fit her right.

The gun is a bersa thunder 380. She can't figure out exactly how it is supposed to fit on her. And when she sits down, it sticks out and is not comfortable. She likes the idea, just can't get it to fit comforably and stay in place.
    Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator
    Is she opposed or unable to carry around the waist? Does she wear belts? What is her typical style of dress? Has she tried any holsters for around the waist carry?

Definitely need more information on this one.

Thanks. She does not wear belts but likes those belly band ones, just never tried that yet.

She wears jeans and t shirts or dress shirts, workout clothes and dresses for church and going out some times.

She really wants to be able to carry while working out after work late in the evening. Sweat pants and shirt usually for that.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

There is a thread running on here about holsters to wear when working out and looked like it had some good options may want to check that out and see if she might like one of the options presented.

With pants having belt loops my wife wears a belt, a vertical OWB crossdraw holster about 9:00 and a 3" S&W J-frame. A color coordinated T-shirt and unbuttoned cover shirt is her casual warm weather dress style.

A friend solved the beltless dress code with a crossdraw IWB holster having a talon hook beltclip and carries a Sig P238. She covers it with an untucked blouse in warm weather. Look at FIST's #1 clip holster http://www.fist-incc.com. Beware of beltclips with no talon as some tend to let the holster come out with the gun.

A bellyband worn snug and above the belt at 10:00 is one of my own compromise solutions when wearing a loosely tucked shirt but no other cover garment. This is a slow draw method; a button is left unbuttoned helps somewhat. I use a 2:00 position and IWB holster with an untucked style shirt that can be snatched up to uncover the gun.

You may want to consider Pistol Wear at Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns for some activities.

It will take some trial and error plus accepting compromises, but keep at it and she will find something workable.

PS: The exotic gimmics are usually sales ploys.

My wife really likes the Remora holster. She wasn't even interested in IWB carry until she saw me wearing it for the last few months. She tried it and that's her preferred holster now. It's a very versatile holster, no belt needed.

Links