Anybody use thin FIST kydex IWB holster for snubbies

This is a discussion on Anybody use thin FIST kydex IWB holster for snubbies within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you read my other post I just posted, I have a simply rugged that I really like. That said, i am curious about the ...

Thread: Anybody use thin FIST kydex IWB holster for snubbies

Anybody use thin FIST kydex IWB holster for snubbies

If you read my other post I just posted, I have a simply rugged that I really like. That said, i am curious about the Kydex thin IWB fist holsters. Specifically, I was wondering how then hold up for the beefy little 3 inch sp101. If anyone has general info about fist kydex iwb for pistols, that would be nice too (kahr cw9 could use an IWB). Thanks again DC.

KSP

2. Remove Ads

The Fist kydex holsters work very well, just like the leather ones.
    However, my experiences with the kydex holsters (and with one for a snubbie) demonstrated to me that leather will last a LOT LOOOOOOONGER than kydex.

There really is not much of a noticeable difference between kydex and leather holsters (same model) when carrying concealed. Actually, the leather gives a bit and is, therefore, more comfortable.IMHO

It's only a matter of personal taste.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by KSP View Post
    If you read my other post I just posted, I have a simply rugged that I really like. That said, i am curious about the Kydex thin IWB fist holsters. Specifically, I was wondering how then hold up for the beefy little 3 inch sp101. If anyone has general info about fist kydex iwb for pistols, that would be nice too (kahr cw9 could use an IWB). Thanks again DC.

KSP
    My experience with Fist Kydex is the K1 with belt loops. It is a very comfortable holster worn outside the waistband and allows several different cant options. I don't care much for Kydex worn inside the waistband and it would not be my choice for the SP101 but if it's what you would like I think you would do well with the Fist offering.
    Attached Images

I've been using FIST holsters for years. I'm partial to the Hybrid line (ultra thin/thin kydex inside, leather outside). Been using the Hybrid Rounded Front Clip model in a pocket holster configuration for my 649 (.38spl) Bodyguard forever. The belt clip is very strong and has a "tooth" that hooks onto the bottom of your belt. If you're going to get the ultra thin kydex, it will crack on you as time goes on. They used to replace the holster but not anymore. You can ask for an IWB holster made from thin kydex as opposed to ultra thin. The thin version wars longer and better. I'd spend the extra money and go for a Hybrid version of the Round Front Clip. Ask them to make it in a pocket holster configuration. That way, you'll have an IWB and pocket holster in one. I have a Hybrid Easy On/Off holster for every one of my guns. Their holsters offer a slick draw with excellent retention. You can even ask for tighter fit. Hope this helps.

I have Fist kydex holsters for my Glock 27 and for my Glock 36 - love them!

Links