Comp-Tac MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy folks, I've never used an IWB holster before, managing to always make OWB work for me. With Spring/Summer quickly approaching I've been looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp-Tac MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck

Comp-Tac MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck

Howdy folks,

I've never used an IWB holster before, managing to always make OWB work for me. With Spring/Summer quickly approaching I've been looking at options that might allow me to just toss on a t-shirt type cover garment before heading out the door (This is not usually possible for me with OWB). I believe I've settled down to either the Crossbreed Supertuck or the Comp-Tac MTAC, and both seem to be very similar in design/function. I've read great reviews on here for both systems, but was would like to hear particularly from folks who have tried out both. The holster would be for my Colt Commander, and I'm 5 "9, 165lbs. Many thanks!

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Jake, Both holsters will serve you well. Another option would be my holster, you can check it out at SHTF Gear LLC . SHTF Gear ACE holsters come with one of the best warranties and some excellent features. You also get both metal and leather belt loops when you order from my website.

Thanks,
    Clay

I've been using Crossbreed's SuperTuck holsters since I started carrying. I wouldn't trade it for anything. YMMV.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I would imagine your responses are going to fall 50/50 between the two. They're both equally owned and loved. I own both and they're each great in their own way. As far as adjustment, fit & finish, I give the edge to the MTAC. As far as comfort, I'd pick my SuperTuck every time.

White Hat holsters they are very nice I have one for my glock and love it, plus you get the benefit of being able to switch out the kydex for others and not have to buy more holsters, very awesome option.... the turnaround time for them is very quick as well....

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    White Hat holsters they are very nice I have one for my glock and love it, plus you get the benefit of being able to switch out the kydex for others and not have to buy more holsters, very awesome option.... the turnaround time for them is very quick as well....
    I have both CB and White Hat. They are both excellent products. The ability to change the kydex is a huge plus.

Thanks for the responses everyone, looks like my decision didn't get a whole lot easier! The one thing that really appealed to me about the Comp-Tac line was that they're out of Spring, TX....my home of record with the Army....to which I will be returning in April. I enjoy supporting local companies whenever I can, and it seems like both Comp-Tac and CB are putting out quality products.

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

I just purchased te comptac about a week ago, and have been very happy with it thus far. My main reason for choosing it was the same ad yours, gotta support our local companies. The only thing I would change about it is to take the dremel tool to cut off the extra leather at the bottom. My 4" 1911 results in about 1.5" of extra leather that doesn't need to be there. Ill try to post back with pics of the modification if I can remember to. Good luck
    BIGRED1911
    Kimber ProElite Ruger P345 Ruger P95DC Beretta Cheetah 85FS

I do not have any experience with the CBST but the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC is my all-time favorite holster. I doubt you would go wrong either way but, if I were to change carry guns, I would buy another MTAC.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Just another thought if you like supporting local companies. Tucker Gun Leather is local to that area as well. I used to live in Kingwood. Tucker has a holster called "The Answer". They are made in Porter and office out of Houston. I'm sorry if I am making your decision any harder but I thought you would want to know. "The Answer" is absolutely top of the line.

I have two MTAC's-love them and they will be my only IWB holster going forward. Just a preference but I rather not have all the crosses on the Cross Breed holsters, though I know they make a fine product.

I have a crossbread for a g26 and it's a very nice well built holester. I also would look at tommy theise holsters. I have one for a kahr and it's as good as the crossbread, but alot cheaper. He is a fast shipper as well.

There was a thread on here where someone was having trouble with their MTAC actually engaging their trigger on their kahr,don't know if it was affecting all models,maybe a Mod can bring up the old thread.might be worth checking into.

I like my MTAC. It carries my XDm pretty well. No complaints.

I have a MTAC for a Kahr. Mine worked perfectly with the Kahr. I've been thinking about trying the Crossbreed myself, but I think I like all-leather holsters better.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links