More kudos for Remora holsters! Double mag pouch for cargo pocket

More kudos for Remora holsters! Double mag pouch for cargo pocket

This is a discussion on More kudos for Remora holsters! Double mag pouch for cargo pocket within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a double-mag holder for double-stack mags, to keep the mags upright in a BDU/cargo pants cargo pocket. I contacted Alan at Remora, ...

Thumbs up More kudos for Remora holsters! Double mag pouch for cargo pocket

I'm looking for a double-mag holder for double-stack mags, to keep the mags upright in a BDU/cargo pants cargo pocket.

I contacted Alan at Remora, and he is going to make one up, custom, with a flared bottom (to keep them upright) and a looser fit (so the mags release cleanly from the holder).

He even offered to do it for FREE - which I declined. Folks need to get paid for their work!

I'm looking forward to getting this. Who knows - might be another big seller for him.

Whatever the result, Alan is indeed a gentleman.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

That is great, would be nice to have as I also wear numerous times a week after my shift at the dept my 5.11 ems tactical pants that have tons of pockets and that would be a great addition,(not while on duty, when heading home or going out running errands haha)

Wearing my Remoras right now. Yes, Alan is true businessman,and great to his customers. I've been wearing his stuff for over a year, and wear it regularly whenever I want to wear something that I can't put a belt on, and it still works great.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Well, I got the modified double mag pouch a few days ago. Alan just took his standard IWB double mag holder, and made it a bit wider to have a looser retention on the mags, and also to grip the inside of a cargo pocket better. It works great!

He's also sending me another version to try, which will be shallower. This will allow greater purchase on the mags with your fingers, allow the mags to come out easier, and work better with shorter/smaller mags (which tend to sit low in the current version). Stay tuned...
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I am another Remora convert, I got one for my S&W 442 a #8CH, and I found I wanted the #8UC instead so Alan exchanged it for me at no charge. It fits perfectly and works great as a pocket or IWB. I was amazed that it really did work even with just sweat pants on.

SCREW IT! ! I'm ordering mine tomorrow!

I have ordered two Remora Holsters for 2 different pistols. Both fit like a glove, and I couldn't be more pleased with both.
    I just received my order for a holster for my Ruger LCR .357, wonderful, and comfortable to boot. Everything claimed is 100% true! Good luck and be safe.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Can't say enough about my Remora holsters. I have 2 plus a mag holster. LOVE them!!!
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

I have a couple Remora holsters. While not my favorite holster I use them alot. The come close 2nd for every gun I own. But for quick going in and out I use the Remora. And for the $$ everyone who carries a gun should own one. Simply because the good business practice,Usa made product and really inexpensive price for something well made. JME/JMO

Well, I've tried the shallower dual mag holder, and it has worked well!

At first, I was concerned that the longer/heavier Glock 19 mag would jump out of the holder, but once inside the cargo pocket, it seems to stay put just fine. The shallower design makes it easier to grab the mags - both the shorter LCP mag, as well as the longer Glock mag.

If Alan intends to offer this as a catolog item, I suggested the shallower design to him. Unless folks are doing cartwheels, the mags should stay in place a-ok.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Glock 30, but I imagine the mag holder will work with those mags just fine as well.

Quick response; reasonable price; good product. What's not to like?

CT Lasers

VIP Member
    I'm very happy with my double mag holder for single stacks. I have his reinforced mouth holsters for my Ultra CDP/LG, 340PD, and Rohrbaugh.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links