Just want to share a short story about OWB.

Just want to share a short story about OWB.

This is a discussion on Just want to share a short story about OWB. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Disclaimer. I'm new at this, very young and still learning so non of this is expert opinion, objective or the gospel. Just am very very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just want to share a short story about OWB.

Red face Just want to share a short story about OWB.

Disclaimer. I'm new at this, very young and still learning so non of this is expert opinion, objective or the gospel. Just am very very happy with my holster selection and want to share, hopefully it will help someone else out.

I used to be all about the CBST. Still a great holster, then when I got some more money I was all about the Milt Sparks and TT leather and more. I was under the impression that to conceal properly I needed a IWB holster. Then I stumbled upon RCS. Got a raven for a P2000 I used to have and then scooped up one for a HK45c I used to have and I'm here to say DON'T COUNT OUT OWB. I concealed my guns just as good, as I would with IWB holsters,if not better with these OWB holsters and the comfort level is outstanding with OWB holsters. I had to purchase a couple more button down shirts but if that's the price to pay for comfortably and effectivly concealing a midsize/compact gun then I'm totally ok with that. Both those guns and holsters are gone, I picked up another HK45c and am legally, comfortably, and effectivly conceal carrying everyday with a Occidental Panacake leather holster. I'm pretty sure come July my G26 will be carried IWB because lighter smaller t shirts won't do as good as button downs or light jackets but until then I'm OWB all the way.

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to share for the newer folks and folks that are on the fence about OWB holsters. I'm dress like a normal 25 year old guy with fitting clothes and carryOWB without printing. If I can do it with a larger compact size gun and two spare mags then you guys can too. I'll post pics of my carry rig and hopefully can answer your questions of you have any. Thanks for listening to my experience, please share yours.

Life is a journey, so is holster hunting. They call it a 'holster box'...most individuals have one...get your own now.

Sounds like you may be starting one. It's all good!
    ironmike86 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry OWB about 80% of the time and have no trouble concealing a mid sized semi auto (M&P 40c) or 2.5" K-frame. Much more comfortable.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Never carried otw but have been considering it... always IWB with crossbreed or kholster holster depending on clothes anything from a sig p238 to a full size kimber 1911 but there are times when it get uncomfortable
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I have a Kramer MSP for my 229 and a TT DDOE for my 226. I like that TT so much I ordered another for the 229. I always have a vest or a coat on, so OWB does fine.

Administrator
    There are some great IWB holsters being made these days.
    I never really saw the need to over-conceal since I can conceal perfectly under an untucked oversize T-shirt with a high quality gun belt and a properly made forward cant OWB holster.
    I think the comfort level is much greater (for me) and I only ever carry OWB.
    I don't even own an IWB holster anymore.
    But, whatever works for each individual is fine with me. Everybody has their own individual lifestyle.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I carry OWB 100% of the time. Just always carried that way.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    So do I. I'll shoulder carry on those rare occasions when I need to don a suit.

Though I do own one black Sanded sharkskin leather Winter "Gun Coat" that has a built in "shoot through" right pocket holster.

It's quite a rare vintage item so I hardly ever wear it - and the built in holster is for a S&W J Frame Snub and I gave my "J" to Mrs. QK.

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    Never carried otw but have been considering it... always IWB with crossbreed or kholster holster depending on clothes anything from a sig p238 to a full size kimber 1911 but there are times when it get uncomfortable
    OWB with that Kimber will conceal very well and also be comfortable. Try it out. There are tons of OWB 1911 holster in the classifieds of several online forums. If you don't like it, it will be easy to sell it.

I am new at CC here in WI only two months now. 80% of the time in OWB Jeff Hays other 20% with my LCP in a pocket holster. Works for now. When it is warm out I will see what works. I have purchased a "bunch" of holsters in my short time of CC. Don't tell my wife.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

That is great news! I have been rockin' the CBST for a few years and find IWB quite uncomfortable. I have been considering an OWB holster with some button-front style shirts and you have just sealed the deal for me! Much appreciated man....btw guys, feel free to chime in on my recent thread about which OWB holster to buy;)
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    I have always carried owb 100%. My 3" 1911 Kimber is perfect for it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ropedartman View Post
    That is great news! I have been rockin' the CBST for a few years and find IWB quite uncomfortable. I have been considering an OWB holster with some button-front style shirts and you have just sealed the deal for me! Much appreciated man....btw guys, feel free to chime in on my recent thread about which OWB holster to buy;)
    Depends on the edc of choice but I like tagau's quick draw holsters

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I carry OWB 100% of the time in a Homemade leather holster,since I'm lefty and carry a 1911 Combat Commander,I had to make my holster with a body shield on both sides to keep the safety from rubbing holes in my T-shirts when I ride my bike
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've been carrying OWB in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for the last few days. Very comfortable and easy to conceal, even with my normal sized tshirts and sweaters. Summer may be a different story, but I can see it for three seasons of the year, and definitely in the winter. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links