cross breed super tuk vs galco king tuk - Page 2

cross breed super tuk vs galco king tuk

This is a discussion on cross breed super tuk vs galco king tuk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Galco for my G23. I love it. No exp with the CBST though....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cross breed super tuk vs galco king tuk

I have the Galco for my G23. I love it. No exp with the CBST though.

How thick are these holsters? My XD 45 leaves a big budge at my belt line when I stick it in a Remora holster. Mexican carry it conceals a whole lot better as the bulge is barely noticeable. I was thinking of getting a versa carry due to the thin profile but I like the security of the cross breed type holsters.

VIP Member
    Wonder if I should send my King Tuk back for warranty?

I love my CBST. My buddy has the kingtuk and he really likes it. The most noticeable difference I can see is that the kingtuk seems to be two pieces of leather sewn together, and is noticably thicker than the CBST and the back of the Kingtuk is smooth as opposed to the suede like backside of the CBST (which I like because it prevents the holster from moving around and would not get slippery with sweat as I imagine the kingtuk would).

Sponsor

Smile Got to try the MaxTuck

Howdy folks. Tony here with White Hat Holsters. Have to chime in here and throw more mud in the puddle. I would encourage you to check our holsters out as well for an all around comparison. Interchangeable kydex makes it a better value over all then the CBST or Kingtuk. Its worth a look if you are considering a hybrid holster. Thanks so much. Please call or email us any time with questions. Be safe.. God Bless!

White Hat Holsters

I currently have two SuperTucks and a MiniTuck and I couldn't be happier with each of them. I also have an MTAC that resides in a large shoebox with other unused holsters. With Crossbreed I know that if I ever have a problem it will be taken care of quickly and in a very professional manner.
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanimal View Post
    I own a galco king-tuk. The cant is not adjustable.
    Just use 1 screw per clip like the other ones, Then you can adjust the cant. The cant is perfect for me as is on my M&Pc Kingtuk

Crossbreed, very happy with it. Low-profile and don't even know it is there.

Haven't tried the Galco or the White Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHatCo View Post
    Howdy folks. Tony here with White Hat Holsters. Have to chime in here and throw more mud in the puddle. I would encourage you to check our holsters out as well for an all around comparison. Interchangeable kydex makes it a better value over all then the CBST or Kingtuk. Its worth a look if you are considering a hybrid holster. Thanks so much. Please call or email us any time with questions. Be safe.. God Bless!

White Hat Holsters
    Very impressive so far, some options that are not available on other hybrids. I have a few questions.

1. do you burnish your edges?
    2. What cut/grade of leather is used in the cow hide?
    3. I didn't see a "mini" version comparable to the CBST minituck. Are you considering offering such a thing?
    4. What is the average wait time?

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Just use 1 screw per clip like the other ones, Then you can adjust the cant. The cant is perfect for me as is on my M&Pc Kingtuk
    Sure it is. You can move the clips around and make it almost neutral or go for more than 15 degrees forward cant.

I have the galco its simular to the crossbreed and others like it. I just happened to get mine on sale at my lgs for right at 40 bucks. First time I put it on I thought it was very comfortable. Cant wait till its broke in.

Quote Originally Posted by grantr View Post
    How thick are these holsters? My XD 45 leaves a big budge at my belt line when I stick it in a Remora holster. Mexican carry it conceals a whole lot better as the bulge is barely noticeable. I was thinking of getting a versa carry due to the thin profile but I like the security of the cross breed type holsters.
    I have a Remora for going to and from work, quick errands, etc. (XD9sc) I have noticed that I get much more "bulge" using the Remora probably because it's a double stack pistol and the Remora isn't as thin as the leather and the kydex on the king-tuk and super tuck. You will get much less bulge using a good IWB holster that hugs your body as well as the super tuck and king-tuk do. Hope that helps...I prefer my king-tuk over the Remora for longer wear periods.

+1 for Crossbreed

I have four Crossbreed holsters and they are extremely comfortable. One is for a 39 oz CZ-85 and it works well. Though the gun is heavy after a few hours, it remains secure and comfortable (using the Crossbreed belt as well, although any good belt would work).

They offer 10% NRA, LEO, Mil discout and have "Seconds" (actually returns under there no questions return policy) for less and the two I bought appeared nearly new; good deal.

Like the lightweight version Galco shoulder holster for my PM9, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Guys.... I have only been carrying for two months now with my Galco King Tuk. It was real comfortable and still is. however it is starting to delaminate. I don't think it will last a long time. I love the Galco shoulder rigs and the leather belt slides. the leather is great. but the way this is made I don't think it will hold up. I would recomend the Crossbreed. The King tuk is also not that adjustable. the other IWB I would recomend is the Cleveland ugly. they are about 3 weeks out made to order right here in SE Wisconsin. $39.00. I know several guys that carry 24/7 with them and love them. I got one on order now to replace the King Tuk. ( that I paid $55.00 for). I wish I would have ordered the Cross breed first or the cleveland. I understand if you want to purchase from a company that helps us on this form.
    +1...
    I have had the exact same issue, I carry a Kimber super carry pro HD all the time - it remains to be seen if GALCO is going to address the problem. I have spoken with the folks at Crossbreed and have placed an order with them. The last time I spoke with GALCO was last week, I have purchased a Sig P938 and NO ONE else but Crossbreed carries a decent holster for this pistol.

I don't have the holster that I want yet. I think that I will give Foxx Holsters a try. I think it looks like a good holster at only $39.00. Look them up and see what you think. I'm sure somebody here has tried it, and can tell you more than I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links