vm2 vs pure kustoms

vm2 vs pure kustoms

This is a discussion on vm2 vs pure kustoms within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; as the title states,i already have a vm2 for my 1911.i am looking for a holster for my 228,tgs is out of vm2's and was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vm2 vs pure kustoms

vm2 vs pure kustoms

as the title states,i already have a vm2 for my 1911.i am looking for a holster for my 228,tgs is out of vm2's and was thinking about a pure kustom for carry(black ops pro).

so should i hold out for a sparks or give pk a shot?i know alot rave about the sparks,and alot rave about rocky's products.

Personal choice, I'd go with the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. Oh, I did.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I have Black Ops Pro holsters for several weapons. I love them as they allow for comfortable concealed carry for a variety of weapons.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Check out my AVATAR. This is one of Rockie's Black Ops Pro's for the 1911. So far, it out surpasses all the other holsters I have (C5, Mitch Rosen, MTAC).
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

Lead Moderator
    Holsters are sort of a personal thing, but having used both a VMII and one of Rocky's Black Ops holsters, I'd recommend giving the Black Ops a try.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

thanks to all.i am gonna give pure kustoms a try.

i hope i like it.they are one of the few or only companies that offer a holster for one of my other handguns

I don't think you can go wrong with the Black Ops Pro. It's such a versatile holster, and the craftsmanship is impeccable. Rocky is a fine artisan for sure!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

has anyone out there tried matt delfatti, tucker, or mitch rosen? any comments?

Del Fatti? Good luck with that. Guys grouch about waiting 6 months for a Sparks. Matt is years behind. In fact, I believe he recently took some orders, but stipulated that the 1911 was all he would take orders for. I'd sure like to see one of his pieces for real.

multistage--

There is a well known company out there that does stock Del Fatti products and believe me when I say that Matt Del Fatti is in a league of his own.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Rocky's Black Ops Pro is the best holster I have owned.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Would love to get a Black Ops Pro from Rocky, heard nothing but good things about his holsters.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I love holsters, so some day, I'll get a Sparks - it's just that where I am now in my training, I'm dedicating a lot of funds to tuition, ammo, and gear that I know works....and for me, the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is one of those pieces.

I'm new to concealed-carry, but I've carried my XDm9 3.8 Compact since late last March, virtually every day, and aside from a few of my "gun friends," no-one, and I mean no-one, knows that I carry. My everyday wear? A $5 Old Navy T shirt, untucked, over some Old Navy jeans (yeah, I'm a slob, but when you're an academic scientist, no-one really cares if you've just fallen out of the pages of GQ or if you're dressed worse than the hobo on the corner ). Ask my wife if I carry, and she'll say "carry what?"

The extended sweat-guard takes getting used to, but it doesn't compromise the draw if you trained towards it, and offers exceptional comfort even for us guys who have love-handles. My first time timing-in from concealment was this past August, so you do the math: after 5 months or so of training, starting from absolute scratch (my last time on the range, prior to November of 2010, when I started shooting, was some time in 2002/3), I was able to easily meet the old Gunsite standards, and it was using my everyday dress, my everyday holster, my everyday carry gun.

Knowing that I'd be shooting more from-concealment this year, I actually purchased a second Black Ops Pro, so that I would have one that was dedicated for training use.

I've seen and handled a Sparks, and sure, it's an impressive piece, and I'd like to own it to try it out - but I'm not ditching my Pure Kustom like it's yesterday's newspaper, because I know how comfortable it is, and how well it works. Sure, I'll get a Sparks one day, but from everyone who has had both, in the end, it comes down to personal preferences, and Rocky's holsters rank right up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    I love holsters, so some day, I'll get a Sparks - it's just that where I am now in my training, I'm dedicating a lot of funds to tuition, ammo, and gear that I know works....and for me, the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is one of those pieces.

I'm new to concealed-carry, but I've carried my XDm9 3.8 Compact since late last March, virtually every day, and aside from a few of my "gun friends," no-one, and I mean no-one, knows that I carry. My everyday wear? A $5 Old Navy T shirt, untucked, over some Old Navy jeans (yeah, I'm a slob, but when you're an academic scientist, no-one really cares if you've just fallen out of the pages of GQ or if you're dressed worse than the hobo on the corner ). Ask my wife if I carry, and she'll say "carry what?"

The extended sweat-guard takes getting used to, but it doesn't compromise the draw if you trained towards it, and offers exceptional comfort even for us guys who have love-handles. My first time timing-in from concealment was this past August, so you do the math: after 5 months or so of training, starting from absolute scratch (my last time on the range, prior to November of 2010, when I started shooting, was some time in 2002/3), I was able to easily meet the old Gunsite standards, and it was using my everyday dress, my everyday holster, my everyday carry gun.

Knowing that I'd be shooting more from-concealment this year, I actually purchased a second Black Ops Pro, so that I would have one that was dedicated for training use.

I've seen and handled a Sparks, and sure, it's an impressive piece, and I'd like to own it to try it out - but I'm not ditching my Pure Kustom like it's yesterday's newspaper, because I know how comfortable it is, and how well it works. Sure, I'll get a Sparks one day, but from everyone who has had both, in the end, it comes down to personal preferences, and Rocky's holsters rank right up there with the best.

thanks for the info,that is what i was looking for.

i am going to give pure kustoms a shot

Since you already have a VMII, get one of Rocky's. I've only seen the great pics of them that he posts here, but I've never heard of anyone who owned one that didn't absolutely love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links