This is a discussion on New Desantis Pocket Tuk Holster Review (M&P9C) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this holster appears on the Desantis website under "new products" and I didn't find anything online about it. So I am going to do ...
So this holster appears on the Desantis website under "new products" and I didn't find anything online about it. So I am going to do a quick review. Bottom line, I got it because it was $20 shipped on ebay and I was looking for a replacement for my Galco Stow and Go. I like the stow and go, but the belt clip sits in such a way my 1.75" gun belt interferes with me getting a firing grip (bad) so this caught my eye. It is very similar in a lot of ways. But here is what is better about it:
1. Adjustable cant. I like just a touch of forward cant and this one is 360 degree adjustable so it can be put in ANY position.
2. The back wing helps keep it stable (something the stow and go didn't have).
3. It is height adjustable. The clip has two holes so you can have it ride high or lower. The pics have it in the lower setting and I can get a full firing grip with just a little forward cant.
4. Can be used for pocket carry by removing the clip altogether. I tried it in my jeans and it works ok. I don't pocket carry my M&P compact, but if you bought one for a LCP, LCR, PM9, bodyguard or similar it'd do very well as a pocket holster.
5. Mouth is extra wide for easy re-holstering. At first it looked TOO WIDE, but once the gun was fully inserted it worked great.
6. Horsehide stays put and THAT is a big deal for me
7. It's tuckable
I gotta say, I have only had the holster for an hour or so, but it is very comfy. The clip will fit up to 1.75" belts (sorry, no way it will fit a 2" tactical belt) and it is very tight which is good. I think it will be a nice addition to my summer wardrobe. My primary carry holster has always been the Galco King Tuck but in the summer it is very hot to wear as it covers most of my hip. This one covers a lot less so should be less hot.
Lastly, the ebay site lists this holster for a bevy of guns, see pic. I can't speak for fit of anything but my M&P9C, but for my gun it fits perfectly.
Anyways, I would not hesitate to recommend this holster. Hopefully this helps someone and if you have a tight budget, this might just be the perfect holster for you.
Thank you for that review. Finding the right holster can be a challenge!