My New Exodus Gunleather has arrived - Page 2

My New Exodus Gunleather has arrived

This is a discussion on My New Exodus Gunleather has arrived within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by deadguy They previously operated under the name CCHolsters if that rings a bell. It doesn't, actually. Though the workmanship is v good, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My New Exodus Gunleather has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    They previously operated under the name CCHolsters if that rings a bell.
    It doesn't, actually.

Though the workmanship is v good, and the maker has copied a good design, don't you all wonder sometimes (I wonder EVERY time) what qualifies your holster supplier to be building something that carries a weapon on your body? Being a leather worker shouldn't be good enough, these aren't in the same category as cellphone pouches (except to the USPTO).

Copying is all very well and good, but relies on the copyist to know what to keep, what to discard, and to what degree. I think forum members should be more demanding of the credentials of the various makers. And you already know what I think of the ex-cop plea (astronauts do not good shuttle designers make).
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Red, I didn't know who they were either until I gathered information online and from speaking directly to them. Carl actually grew up 20 miles from here and I had no idea. None of that qualifies him as a holster maker per your standards, but the quality and craftsmanship of his work, does, IMO.

I based my purchasing decision more on opinions from others that do own their work under the former name and some that own their products under the Exodus label. After all, most forum members can only go by what they read on forums before trying something new. I took the plunge and don't regret it one bit.

As a respected and well-known leather craftsman, your opinion that their work is "v good" means something. Maybe that qualifies them at least a little bit. :)
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

1911 only, oh well.
    --Jason--

I've never tried kydex, and I don't plan to after wearing leather from day one. Can't beat it IMO
    I used to think that too... when I had never tried kydex.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I just can't stand the thought of putting my 1911 in a kydex rig. Perhaps I should try it before I trash it, but I would rather reserve kydex for my plastic guns.
    deadguy likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I just can't stand the thought of putting my 1911 in a kydex rig. Perhaps I should try it before I trash it, but I would rather reserve kydex for my plastic guns.
    That's pretty much my line of thinking as well, Dawg.

Red, I didn't know who they were either until I gathered information online and from speaking directly to them.
    And I appreciate your sense of humor, deadguy, I've only just read about Horshack's passing, and he's already your avatar. Coupled worth your profession . . ..

My avatar is also a deadguy.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    And I appreciate your sense of humor, deadguy, I've only just read about Horshack's passing, and he's already your avatar. Coupled worth your profession . . ..

My avatar is also a deadguy.
    So some actually did get the meaning!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links