Defensive Carry banner

M&P9c Holster Options

35K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  Calling45 
#1 ·
I'm looking into various holster options for my M&P9c. I would prefer to stay IWB, and I carry at 4oclock.

What has everyone used and how did they like it?

This is what I have now, and it is just about the most uncomfortable thing I have ever worn. It was the only holster I could find local....So I need to find something better asap

See less See more
#3 ·
Galco king tuck is the answer. I also just did a review on the desantis pocket tuck, it rivals my king tuck for comfort. Either will make you forget you have it on.

#4 ·
Iwb.....simple
CBST!
seriously I carry a m&p .45 full size in one and when i say you will forget about it, I mean seriously. I had to make that reaaaalll fast walk back yo the truck at church to stash it because I forgot it! And it seriously disappears too.

#5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys!

I just bought this pistol today. I was looking for a compact 9 and this one just felt right.when I picked it up...
Now the trick is making it feel right while wearing it lol

#8 ·
Minotaur MTACH very solid, comfortable, lots of adjustment. I would suggest getting the C-clips they seem to lock onto the belt better then the standard clips when your belt isn't tight, going to the bathroom ect. I did have to pop the kydex off the backing and shave a couple of corners off to keep it from digging into my hip but that's probably more of my goofy body shape than a holster design defect.

#9 ·
I have a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for every carry gun I own. I strongly suggest them

#11 ·
I carry my M&P9c almost everyday. IWB I carry it in a "Kholster" a knock-off of a CBST, $50 dollars, no wait and a 90 day trial period.
But honestly I have began carrying it more often in an OWB. (on a GOOD QUALITY gunbelt). It is much more comfortable, much cooler and affords much better accessability. I had mine custom made by a member here, "Spidey2011"

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-carry-options/128093-new-holster-my-m-p.html

Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

#12 ·
Have you ever considered AIWB for the 9c? If so, I 'd recommend a Dale Fricke Archangel. I've been using one for just a few days now but it's very comfortable in all positions (sitting or standing) for extended periods of time. Also, from the time I contacted Dale to receiving the holster was 8 days. It has extremely good retention as well.

#29 ·
Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. Converts for either OWB or IWB and is very adjustable. I highly recommend them.

#19 ·
Just looked, and I can't believe it, but I've had my 9c in a CB supertuck for over 4 years. I forget I have it on sometimes... to the point that I put on the holster Sunday and left the house before I realized the gun was still in the safe. :redface:

#24 ·
Many options out there. More and more all the time too. I have three so far for the 9c and my favorite is the Comptac MTAC. This is my only hybrid holster though. One of the others is all leather with straps, and the other is an all plastic paddle. For the price, I'm considering Theis or White Hat when I need to replace the MTAC. I'm trying not to spend over $100 and have to wait for weeks/months for these things.

#25 ·
I have carried my M&P9c in a CBST for the past few years, while the ST is a great holster, it hasn't really worked out for me personally. I am a rather lean person, 30" waist and the ST feels gigantic! I have chopped a considerable amount of leather off of it and that has helped. I am going to order the Minotaur MTAC to replace it based on good reviews. I also ordered the Remora last night for....certain occasions when I need to have quick on/off. Again, really good reviews on that holster. But, for almost everyone I've talked to, the CBST has been outstanding and you can't go wrong. Personally, I think the Galco that was mentioned, the ST, or the MTAC would all be good options from what I have read. Let us know the outcome!

#26 ·
Just ordered the Galco king tuk from cabelas. Did a ton of research.....no wait like for the crossbreed super tuck, compairable, and cheaper.

#27 ·
My fiance has been carrying hers in a Theis for the last month, everyday after work and all day on the weekends (still waiting on her birth certificate to arrive so she can go get her HCP.) She seems really happy with it, and I'll be ordering one for my M&P 45c soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.