My New Theis Holsters

This is a discussion on My New Theis Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered a couple Theis holsters about 3 weeks ago and received them the other day. All I can say is I would highly recommend them ...

Thread: My New Theis Holsters

My New Theis Holsters

Ordered a couple Theis holsters about 3 weeks ago and received them the other day. All I can say is I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are a quality holster that will not break the bank. Tommy is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with.

1 holster I received was for the Glock 36, and the other for a S&W K-frame revolver to use with my Ruger Security Six. The Glock holster fits it like a glove and the K-frame for my Ruger fit really well. So well if I didn't know better I wouldn't even know it wasn't made specifically for it.

Got a chance to try out the holster for my Ruger today and was really surprised at how well it dispersed the weight of it. It rode really well in the holster and was pretty comfortable. Especially considering that I normally carry a j-frame revolver.

I can't wait to try out the other holster for the Glock 36. Course the hard part is going to be deciding on witch becomes my primary carry.

Some pictures.

Ruger Security Six in a Theis K-Frame holster.

Ruger worn in K-frame holster

Glock 36 Theis holster

Now if we could get Tommy to make a smaller single offset clip holster for j-frames and small auto's, hint , hint, LOL.

2. Remove Ads

They look great. I placed my order a couple weeks ago and anxiously await its arrival. Enjoy!!!

You should really enjoy your Theis holster. Great holster for the money.

Thats the first kydex holster for a revolver I have ever seen. They look awesome.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

you should have gotten a Whitehatholster then you all you would have to do is switch out the kydex for either gun... those that you have look nice though.....

That would be a nice feature , but honestly I'd rather have separate holsters for each of them. They both wear very good.

I had an MTAC. Switching shells became a time consuming hassle. I now have separate holsters for each pistol. Much quicker when headed out the door.

Lol yea thats what I got to thinking would become a pain to change them out if your always carrying something different, but if not then its not to big a deal... just a nice feature to have....

sent from my commando using tapatalk

Not only is switching the shells time consuming, but on the ones I have seen the leather will start to form to the pistol a bit which may be a problem if you are switching between two very different firearms like a revolver and an auto.

I'm still happily using the nine Tommy Theis holsters that I've acquired over the last couple of years, they work very well, very comfortable and concealable.

Looks great! I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck for a Ruger SR9c - perfect fit and comfortable out of the package. Great service on the order too - arrived well ahead of advertised time. I have the Galco King Tuk for a S&W J Frame snub - decent fit for the weapon; fairly comfortable but not as good as the Crossbreed. Both are worth considering.

I have a Crossbreed for my 1911's, and while I like it ok , I like the Theis holsters more. Don't ask me why both are good products and anyone should be happy with either.

I have both a crossbreed and a Theis holster as well. Both are great and you can not go wrong. My next holster will be a Theis holster again, based on price and shipping time. I also prefer not to have crosses on the j-clips, not sure why, but just want plain.

I've got one for my Glock 23, Glock 36 and even a LCP. Going to get two more for my new M&Pc 9mm and Kahr PM9. Tommy makes a great product and provides instant customer service. Heck, he sat on the phone with me when I bought my first holster and helped explain switching the cant and using a gun belt with my kit. The guy cares...and he deliver quality with speed.

Links