Concealment shirt holster

This is a discussion on Concealment shirt holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone purchased from this company? http://www.abetterholster.com J.S....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealment shirt holster

Concealment shirt holster

Has anyone purchased from this company?

http://www.abetterholster.com

J.S.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Several have mentioned purchasing that holster. It appears to be a very functional holster aslong as all you need to carry is your weapon and two mags. I carry more equipment thus I use the UC Comfort. My only other obserbation is that it is not sleveless and is not a v-neck. Those are two options I really like about the UC Comfort but from my experience with that type of material, a good pair of scissors can fix that.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Fed, do you find the UC comfort to be of good quality?

VIP Member
    You can do a search and find Steve's several other posts about the UC Comfort. He has one post that shows photos of him with UC Comfort on. He has been using them for several years.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Ok thanks

J.S.

My only problem with UC Comfort is that they are hard to get. Do not order them off line....call them or email them first to make sure they have your size in stock. They will email you back when they do and you can grab them up. I just ordered two more. I used them daily and after three years they are starting to show signs of daily wear. I always buy two, one to wear and one to wash. Do NOT dry them in the dryer, hang dry them. If you use the dryer daily they will slowly destroy the material. I hope that helps.
    Steve
    Steve

It seems that, most of the time, you would wear it under another shirt ? Am I missing something ? You unbutton a shirt to get to it ? For some reason I am not getting this at all.

Sorry robert....yes you wear it under a dress shirt and typically over a t-shirt for sweat control. The reason is simple...its for business wear when you want to be able to take off your suit jacket. Most folks in a business environment cannot wear an untucked shirt and keeping your suit coat on stands out and is very uncomfortable. This type of rig is for a specific situation or dress style that folks who dont have to suffer by the strict "wall street" type of business dress code don't need. To keep from unbuttoning your shirt to get to it, I have taken to sewing snaps behind the buttons to make it easier access, but in an emergency, it is not that hard to rip off the buttons.

Hope that helps.

Steve
    Steve

Thanks Steve, this does help. I really appreciate a review of products that you can't put your hands on before you buy and this stuff as you know is expensive.

Take Care,
    J.S.

5.11 Tactical holster shirt

Cancel,found previous thread.

Has anyone tried the 5.11 tactical holster shirt?.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...m_campaign=RSS
    Last edited by SteaminPete; August 27th, 2006 at 05:22 PM. Reason: found previous thread
    Greyhounds make Greyt pets!

RTK
    I have a 5-11 and it works fine. Please remember it is "Deep Concealment" and expect presentation to be slower. I think when I purchased the 5-11 it was the best (lowest) price of any that I had researched and it is made well.

RTK I have to disagree with you. Yes it is deep concealment, but that does NOT mean slower presentations. I train right next to guys using shoulder rigs, OTB, ITP ect and I still make the qual times, which are not generous for us. Is is slower if you dont practice. Outside of that, and preparing your dress shirts you can be slower, but I have seen folks slow on the draw using a safariland comp rig at an IPSC match.

Steve
    Steve

Does the UC Comfort position the weapon further back than the "Better Holster"? It appears the UC model would conceal slightly better, but the available pics leave a little to be desired. I often go the businss casual route, but don't want to add either shirt into the bin of unused leather either. Does anyone have direct comparasons of both to share??

Thanks from a new guy.

Where is the UC web site or did I miss it?
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

I have not worn the "A Better Holster" but it appears to fit about the same on my co-worker as the UC Comfort does on me. However I will highlight a couple differences. The UC Comfort comes in a V-neck option and sleveless. As I wear my t-shirt holster over a regular t-shirt, these options work better for me. Plus I do not find that a spandex type t-shirt all that comfortable on the skin. The UC Comfort is totally ambidestrious. The way its designed you can carry two (or four) weapons, or weapons on either side plus your accessories on the other side. Yes most of us do not switch gun hands, but all the set ups allow for a number of carrying options for accessories. Additionally the 3XH (UC Comfort) comes with a pouch over the heart (this is my suggestion). I use it to carry a soft trama plate. For those who are not LEO's a soft trama plate is a mini kelvar pannel that is carried over the heart to assist in shock trama or additional resistance. As a EMT I tell my folks, there are only three places they can get shot that I will not be of much assistance...the head, the groin (ya right your on your own) or the heart. Yes I know folks have survived and I'll work them the best I can, but a soft trama plate over the heart that isnt visible is worthy for all of us carrying weapons.

The website for UC Comfort is www.uccomfort.com. The website for A Better Holster is www.abetterholster.com. To be fair the website for the Kramer Confidant t-shirt is www.kramerleather.com. That said I can NOT recommend the Kramer Confidant to anyone. I used one in the past and Greg makes good leather but his t-shirt is one of the worst on the market, as it isnot user friendly. For photos please do a search either for my screne name or for UC Comfort.

Watch your six,

Steve
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links