Need a little experience help with G23 4th gen

This is a discussion on Need a little experience help with G23 4th gen within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Guys I just purchased a G23 4th gen and am looking for a good non collapsable holster (kydex most likely). Now a little background ...

Thread: Need a little experience help with G23 4th gen

Need a little experience help with G23 4th gen

Hey Guys I just purchased a G23 4th gen and am looking for a good non collapsable holster (kydex most likely). Now a little background on me I have a G27 that I carry in a crossbreed supertuck which I love most everything about this holster except that I have to carry at about 4 ish or 4:30 ish which hurts my herniated disc in lower back. So I recently switched my carry to a Sig Sauer 1911 carry in a bladetech which I absolutely love cause it conceals great and its 45 and I can carry at 3 with (cant) which basically makes the grip run perfect on my love handle.

So here is the problem I cant get over the whole Glock lover thing. Are there any suggestions from anyone who has back issues also, and carries at 3ish comfortably
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

2. Remove Ads

you might want to try a paddle holster, those are the only type of holsters Ive found to be comfortable to carry at 3 Oclock postion, I have a white hat holster and carry it at prob 3:30-3:45 postion and its very very comfy, if ya cant find the right holster for that Glock you can go ahead and send it my way LOL..

Take a look at Remora. They have a reinforced top option as well as a couple of other options. It's comfortable, and you can place the weapon where ever you please, and it stays.

I have two herniated discs (L4-L5, L5-L6), a pinched nerve in my middle back, and hip dysplasia. High school lacrosse ruined my body, but I carry my G19 without a problem. I use a Galco Summer Comfort and wear it at 5:00 ish. A better belt will make a huge difference if you carry anywhere other than right on your hip
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    I have two herniated discs (L4-L5, L5-L6), a pinched nerve in my middle back, and hip dysplasia. High school lacrosse ruined my body, but I carry my G19 without a problem. I use a Galco Summer Comfort and wear it at 5:00 ish. A better belt will make a huge difference if you carry anywhere other than right on your hip
    I tried the crossbreed belt and also a 5.11 tactical nothing seems to help
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Contact Clay at SHTF Gear and see if he could build you something specific to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    I tried the crossbreed belt and also a 5.11 tactical nothing seems to help
    How long ago was your injury? You will not be able to carry anything IWB if your injury is fresh. Try a shoulder rig if you've been hurt for a while and IWB just isn't going to cut it.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Went and shot the gen 4 today and oh boy what a sweetheart The changes Glock did are amazing. I shot the gen 3 along side the gen 4 and there is a tremendous difference in felt recoil.

Links