Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact Holster Help

This is a discussion on Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact Holster Help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I just picked up a Springfield Armory Loaded Ultra Compact Stainless 1911 .45 and I'm looking for some holster options. I currently carry ...

Thread: Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact Holster Help

Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact Holster Help

Hey guys,

I just picked up a Springfield Armory Loaded Ultra Compact Stainless 1911 .45 and I'm looking for some holster options. I currently carry a Ruger LCP in my pocket with a Hunters Pocket Holster and either a Springfield Armory XD .40, Sig p238, or a Ruger LCR (those 3 I carry IWB with High Noon Holsters). While the high noon work, there not the most comfortable for me.

What would you guys recommend? ... I'm 5'8 ... 160 ... Thin, athletic build. I don't wear baggy clothes (I like fitted shirts, etc).

Should I stick with IWB, go OWB??
    I need help ... So help me guys!!!

Thanks
    Michael

2. Remove Ads

All I can say is that I picked a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, and love it. Do a search on it on this forum and I don't think you will find a negative comment on it from anyone who has one.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    All I can say is that I picked a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, and love it. Do a search on it on this forum and I don't think you will find a negative comment on it from anyone who has one.
    Could not agree more.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Thanks guys ... I'll definitely look into them ... Also I've heard a ton of praise about Milt Sparks VM2 ... Does anyone know how the Pure Kustoms would compare??

The 1911 is about the slimmest serious gun out there, so for IWB carry it's going to be more comfortable than most of the plastic guns. I prefer a 'minimalist' approach, so the Sparks Summer Special works for me.

One thing you want to pay attention to is ride height, no matter which side of the waistband the holster sits on. This is where individual anatomy can change things dramatically. If, say, you have long arms but a relatively high waist, a high-riding holster may be impossible for you to draw from. If you can't check out a holster in person, pay close attention to the catalog photos to see where there trigger guard is relative to the top of the belt for a visual index.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Well guys I spoke to Rocky today, and I am going to order a Blacks Ops Pro soon ... Now I need help picking my leather color!!!

Anybody??

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Black goes well with everything. I've tried different colors and like how different rigs look but for simplicity and consistency I now go black on everything and no longer try to match belt and holster colors. I love a good looking belt/holster rig that matches but it can be too expensive to go down that road and afterall, it's concealed, right?
    Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Black goes well with everything. I've tried different colors and like how different rigs look but for simplicity and consistency I now go black on everything and no longer try to match belt and holster colors. I love a good looking belt/holster rig that matches but it can be too expensive to go down that road and afterall, it's concealed, right?
    Gideon
    Good point! ... Classic black should look good anyways!!

The Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 is incredibly comfortable and stable, plus the leather treats your pistol well. I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry, similar in size to your Springfield, in a VM 2 for over a decade. When I picked up a Kimber Compact CDP II recently, I immediately went for a VM 2 for it as well. I carry it on a Milt Sparks belt and easily I forget that I'm wearing the rig. A lot of folks have the proverbial drawer full of holsters. I have only two for each pistol - a Milt Sparks VM 2 and a SmartCarry - plus one minimalist belt slide and one clip-on OWB that stays in my car for "emergencies" and fits all my M1911s.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

VIP Member
    I have several PK BOP holsters in black and one in a saddle color. I have one on the way in black cherry. If you are going to carry IWB, you can get any color for the holster and get loops that will match your belt color. I frequently wear a black holster with saddle loops or vice versa.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links